For @Desiibond

ravtucker

Right off the assembly line
Hey Desiibond,

I was reading here in one of the threads, dont exactly remember which one where you mentioned you had done a review on the Nokia N900. I could not find that thread again and so could not go through your review also again. I had a question for you. When you reviewed the N900 what did you think about the screen display of the N900 I am only and only saying in terms of screen display,did it look bright and colourful enough. Of coures I know it will not be as good as the SLCD and the Amoled/Super Amoled Screens but indiviually on its own do you think the N900 screen is bright enough or is it dull. Do you think watching movies or videos will be a good experience on the N900 or is it just very dull...I know it has a good sun legibibility but again I am not worried about that. I am only concerned about if it is bright and colourful on its own.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
We have a PM (private message) feature enabled on this forum. Do not know if desiibond has enabled or not. But you could have used that instead of creating this.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Hey Desiibond,

I was reading here in one of the threads, dont exactly remember which one where you mentioned you had done a review on the Nokia N900. I could not find that thread again and so could not go through your review also again. I had a question for you. When you reviewed the N900 what did you think about the screen display of the N900 I am only and only saying in terms of screen display,did it look bright and colourful enough. Of coures I know it will not be as good as the SLCD and the Amoled/Super Amoled Screens but indiviually on its own do you think the N900 screen is bright enough or is it dull. Do you think watching movies or videos will be a good experience on the N900 or is it just very dull...I know it has a good sun legibibility but again I am not worried about that. I am only concerned about if it is bright and colourful on its own.

Sorry to barge-in. As an owner of N900 I find the display to be quite nice & bright. But I don't know your yardstick of bright and colorful. Video playback is of very high quality. With 32GB of internal RAM; N900 is a great multimedia device.

OP
R

ravtucker

Sorry Guys didn't know about the PM option. The reason why I was only addressing to him was coz he had mentioned somewhere that he'd done a review on the N900,so thought would ask him what he thought about it.

OP
R

ravtucker

Sorry to barge-in. As an owner of N900 I find the display to be quite nice & bright. But I don't know your yardstick of bright and colorful. Video playback is of very high quality. With 32GB of internal RAM; N900 is a great multimedia device.

Hey amitabshiek,

Appreciate you chipping in with your feedback. So u r saying u do not find the display of the N900 dull. I have read a lot of reviews on the net and almost everyone said that though the image on the N900 appear sharp. The screen display looks very dull and lacks brightess and the image and pictures dont look lively atall.

So tell me one more thing, is watching Video also a good experience how is watching Movie or Video on the N900 in terms of display quality, colour Brightness.

Most of the people who have the N900 tell this that the display is very good, is only out of their sheer love for the N900 and they are so mesmerized and dazzled by all the other features of the N900 that they almost want to forgive,overlook all the other lacking areas of this phone like The Screen Display :smile: I hope you dont fall in that category :smile:

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Watching videos on N900 is a pretty good. I liked the video playback and image quality on N900. Some images may look a bit washed out and that is due to 65k color cap but overall the display quality is on-par with competition's.

Samsung Galaxy S's Super AMOLED is on a totally different level though.

If you are looking for a multimedia phone, I would suggest you to run to Nokia Priority dealer and pre-order N8.

Nokia N900 First Impressions Bandla's Blog

OP
R

ravtucker

Watching videos on N900 is a pretty good. I liked the video playback and image quality on N900. Some images may look a bit washed out and that is due to 65k color cap but overall the display quality is on-par with competition's.

If you are looking for a multimedia phone, I would suggest you to run to Nokia Priority dealer and pre-order N8.

so how should one look at it, if someone has liked the overall features of the N900 but the screen display of the Galaxy-S. I would have not even thought twice and would have surely bought the N900 had the display of the N900 been a little better.

So against the SLCD and Amoled Screens it stands very feeble... right ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
so how should one look at it, if someone has liked the overall features of the N900 but the screen display of the Galaxy-S. I would have not even thought twice and would have surely bought the N900 had the display of the N900 been a little better.

So against the SLCD and Amoled Screens it stands very feeble... right ?

Like I said earlier, did you take a look at N8?

3.5" AMOLED display
Divx support
12mp camera that takes stunning pictures
dedicated GPU
720p video recording, editing and HDMI-out connectiviy

It's a multimedia powerhouse.

Between N900 and SGS, I would go with SGS anyday.

Kvishal

In the zone
No I am yet to have a look at N8. But lookwise I really did not like it. It is kind of weird in terms of Aesthetics. I just handled the dummy looks ugly to me...Personal Taste. Plus I guess it is Symbian so I have never been a Fan of Symbian.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Lol...Why would you need a 32GB ROM?! Its RAM!

Its meant to store media, emails, web pages, contacts etc. Additionally there is 2GB for applications and SDHC card slot for upto 16GB card.

Last edited:

the_souvik

Addicted
Sorry yaar. I differ to you on that. Internal storage does not mean ram.The nokia site says it has Up to 1GB of application memory (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory) and not 32 gb ram.

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
For the sake of being scientifically correct. Its 32GB of internal storage, 2GB for application storage, 256MB+768MB (virtual) for phone operation & 16GB SDHC support.

*img836.imageshack.us/img836/2742/screenshot2010100714355.png

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@ravtucker: if u want to know the best bright screen...then consider...galaxyS or HTC EVO2 or iphone 4....c00lest screens they have

Kvishal

In the zone

How would be the display quality between the SLCD (16 Million colours of the Desire V/S The 65 Thousand colour of the TFT LCD display of Nokia N900)

Last edited:
Top Bottom