Football Manager 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

BONZI

Journeyman
I happened to see this game recently. I think this is the most addictive game I have ever played. Having said that I'm an average gamer who has played many games but didnt complete many :). May be my love for sports made me say this but on any day it is simply fantastic.

Details (for those who dont know about the game):

Released by SI games (sigames.com) [sega, Espn,soccernet has some thing to do with the game ;) ]

It has almost all the major(and many minor) Clubs around the world. From Man U to FC cochin ans Madras Sporting club. I'm mostly impressed by its realism. I never used to watch Indian NFL. But I chose to be the manager of East Bengal club. Surprisingly when I saw a match in DD I found that all players in that game are playing for East bengal.
The details of the players are all well worked out. Transfers, players feelings, form etc are all neatly done. The manager can handle the media ( critisise or praise players and release comments about the opposition team). You can sign as many coach, scout etc you want and the players performance depends on that. You have to decicide the players role in the team (b4 sigining them up) If key players arent given enough chances they will be unhappy and may request to place them in the transfer list. Transfer agreements can be made at any time but the transfer will undergo only when the transfer window is open. Old players can be made coach. Fan support is a very important factor. An average player may perform better than a good player depending on their form and their happiness.

And much more....

Realease of Football manager 2006 is anounced. I will post a link to the screen shots soon.

I think its a good game for review for Digit..

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
Screen Shots[FM 2006]:

Training:

*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1214.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1216.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1218.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1220.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1222.jpg

Unhappy man
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1204.jpg

Team talks
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1206.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1208.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1210.jpg

Tactics
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1212.jpg

Contract rebel:
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1194.jpg

Cup draws
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1196.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1198.jpg

Pires demands
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1200.jpg

Player wants to move
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1202.jpg

Refree stats
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1184.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1182.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1174.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1176.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1178.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1180.jpg

Player position
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1186.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1188.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1190.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1192.jpg

Enhanced skin
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1172.jpg

Manager contracts
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1154.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1156.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1158.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1160.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1162.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1164.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1166.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1168.jpg
*www.sigames.com/graphics/images/1170.jpg

Source cmfaq.com

PSP version is also available.

mako_123

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi Bonzi

I am also an avid fan of Football Management games. I started playing it with championship Manager 4 and now i am addicted to FM 2005. Which team do you manage and what are the tactics you employ. and one thing i want to ask you is that . I created a player with editor, and the player is in my team for around 2 years and there hasnt been much change in his attributes.

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
I manage Eastbengal :) I want to move to some english clubs. [If I start with clubs like arsenel or Man U it could be boring soon because nothing much to improve. ]

To improve the players attributes give him the right training. You can make him an allrouner :). And most importantly you should play him. Without match practise your player will never improve. 3rd point change the training regularly. If you are stuck with the same training for long time your player will not improve.

I think this could help you.

rohanbee

Padawan
Oh wow good to see some Football manager fanatics. I am one too. Although i had one version of championship manager (can't remember the version). But i simply loved EA sports manager 2004 (or something like that)...........i dont know if a new version has come out or not. But i played this game night and day and loved the transfer windows where i tried to get all the best players in my team (Usually not successful if you were starting from the lower leagues through)

One of the best features i remember was that if you wanted you could have a actual game played out also.......and change strategies inbetween as well.

How much is Football manager in india for anyways.

Do you know where its available in Delhi??

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
i am addicted to tcm 2004 have stillnot tried tcm 2005? has any one tried it please tell me how it is else will buy the managerial game which these guys have bought:)

rohanbee

Padawan
Tux said:
How many (PIRATED) CDs will I hv to buy for this game

Guys guys please read the rules.............this forum does not encourage members to discuss about pirated software!!!

escape7

What? Where? How?
well, he's not discussing pirated cds, just asking about them...........er.........more or less the same thing........ :roll:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
tcm 2004

hey i was also addicted to tcm 2004. But have stopped playing scince i got fifa2005. has any body played tcm2005? howz it? i had played the chmapionshipmanager 2004 by sigames but did not liked it as we did nbot had any much control over the procedings. in tcm we can even play the match and thus have much more control. is the recent sigame is good and does itgivr better contols than the previos game???

sumitava_b

In the zone
Oopsss...I am not familiar with games like football manager :cry: , although I am a fanatic of strategy games. So I desparately want to play this game.....

From the screenshots given, I was getting some idea about the game. Is it a GUI-based game? or can I play as well as managing the outfield activities?

rohanbee

Padawan
I remember you could do some outfield activites in Ea sports FA premier league manager.
Unfortunately Ea has discontinued this series. I always prefered it to any other football manager games....

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
sumitava_b said:
From the screenshots, it seems u can do only out-field activities only.....but still it looks like fun :wink:

I didnt quite understand it. You are the manager. You buy/sell/loan players/coach/scotus/asst manager. You give schedules to coaches to train the players. You select the team. Thsts it.

The best thing about it is its realism. I think it is better than anyother game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom