Flirting Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_goyal2000

Youngling
I previously posted this under the heading "Whistling Monitor" but it seems it didn't attract much attention. So posting the same under a new heading.
As for the post, here goes.

I recently bought myself a new CPU.

I have Windows XP Professional SP2 installed as my primary OS.

The problem is, recently my monitor (Samsung Samtron 55V 15" which is 5 years old) has started making a whistling noise.

When I start the computer for the very first time, it makes no noise. But after running the PC for about 15-20 minutes or so, when I start/restart the PC or run a MS-DOS program, the monitor starts making a whistling noise.

After restarting, while booting it makes a whislting sound, but when it reaches the login screen, the noise disappears & there is no noise afterwards.

Also, when I run any DOS-based programs in full screen mode, the noise comes back. But after going back to Windows or running the DOS-based programs in windowed mode, the noise disappears.

All of the above said happens after running the PC continously for 15-20 minutes or more.

I have checked all the monitor connections & installed the correct AGP & monitor drivers but in vain.

What I have noticed is that the monitor whistles only in 640x480 display resolution, & not on above resolutions.

So kindly help.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I would look into getting a new moniter, as it seems the tube is going to blow soon. Get it checked by samsung service person. What r u waiting for?

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
what about the colors, contrast, brightness?

and i dont think there is a leakage in the CRT(Cathode Ray Tube) as any change in composition/pressure inside the discharged tube could cause change in the visual parameters.

and as said by Mr john_the_ultimate, get it checked, before it gets more damaged or damage other components.

Best of luck

Samsung service plaza: just opposite to the Nehru place complex across the road.

and btw, dont mind but the problem is a bit funny :lol:

crashuniverse

In the zone
Well i really cant help u any way.

But give it a thrash from side when it makes the whistling sound. And report here please, okay!

Now i must say everything is possible. A friend working in a citibank US call centre solved the problem same way. A woman's card was stuck up in ATM and she called up the customer care. My friend says to go back two steps coe forward one and kick it hard. And its done :)

I haven't opened my monitor yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom