Flashget . . . . . . . ADWARE DETECTED !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Microsoft AnitSpyware and AdAware pro installed on ma comp. Recently i installed flashget (a download manager). Now, these two anti-adware programs have started detecting flashget as an ADWARE BUNDLER!

If flashget is trully an adware, which other download manager could i skip to???
Is GetRight good?

ramank

Broken In
Have you registered your copy of FlashGet?

From the EULA: "The SOFTWARE PRODUCT is ad-sponsored software. You can use it for free, no registration is required. However, you can register the SOFTWARE PRODUCT for ad-free operation if you want. Visit *www.amazesoft.com.com/reginfo.htm for more information."

sting

Journeyman
ya i also got the same problem ..i am also using the adware(registed)version .. when the installtion time u can chose Freeware or Adware ..if u select Freeware ..i think Microsoft AnitSpyware not detecting that software

TheGuru

Broken In
Originally (before 1.65) Flashget gave an option to install either as a "Shareware" or an a "free" Adware. This has changed recently (not sure which exact version). So, try to get an older version, install that and register that - then, try upgrading to the newer version (might work, may not work).
BTW, if you have indeed registered it, you should be able to obtain a 'adware' free installer from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.