Flash block plugins for FireFox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabster

In the zone
I Just really don't like the flash ads that keep on popping while browsing (eg in top in yahoo mail) so I installed the "adblock" plugin(search Firefox add ons page if you want it), now the flash content is now not available on my pages :).

But is it this way that flash content is still downloaded on my computer and I am just not seeing it.... Then it won't help me on my limited bandwidth internet connection ...

Is that so...? or adblock totally blocks the ads from downloading from the server sites...?

Enlighten me :)

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
adblock simply blocks the contents from being downloaded. I believe you can set exceptions so that you can view flash animations in pages you want or whitelist. I don't have adblock right now, so can't say.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
ilugd is right .. Adblock prevents blocked content from being downloaded at all. In case you wish to block only flash, then you can try Flashblock

slugger

Banned
can anybody tell me if there is anf widget in Opera using which i can, by default block all flash content, like i do in Firefox using the 3P plugin. Also i would like 2 b able to block any picture while viewing webpages in Opera. Please tell me how to do it in Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom