firefox wont start !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
recently after installing the auto patcher xp from the june dvd my firefox refused to start. even after repeated attempts it was still the same though the task manager shows that firefox is running.

had to reinstall firefox to get working. ne ideas?

Nimda

l33t n00b!
Autopatcher messing up the system again... I think the mods should put up a sticky saying: Do not install AutoPatcher. Instead of optimizing the system, it just messes up many things and in worse cases, renders the system inoperable.

Hope it didn't mess up anything else on your system, mariner :wink:

vandit

In the zone

Hi mariner,
I am happy to know that u also use firefox. It is like IE on steriods ( not for your ship I guess) . for your problem I think that running ( or installing) autopatcher on your XP machine might have corrupted or replaced some of the files that firefox used earlier. So eventhough the task manager shows firefox running, firefox must have crashed or might be running " incompletely" due to missing files. reinstalling firefox would be a good idea .

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I have faced a similar problem sometimes. Firefox would just stop responding. So I would close all the open Firefox windows and then try to run it again, but it would refuse to start.

Once I opened Task Manager and manually closed Firefox from there and then restarted it and it worked. Maybe you can try that.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well i reinstalled firefox and now working fine !!!!!

expertno.1

Technomancer
it means autopatcher is just playing with our files
instead of making perfect it is making something wrong

well congrats on your prob being solved but i think why autopathcer is not getting help from u guys

u guys are just hating it

but rememebr Even a pro does mistakes sometimes

so need to be worried
alwasy create system restore point to come out from dmagas

Status
Not open for further replies.