Firefox woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpion

Journeyman
Hi,
I love firefox for every thing but there are few problems that I find very irritating may be because of my ignorance on how to solve them....

1) It crashes every time I click on a link at mozilla update site and some time s with other links pointing to programs/documents.

2) Download manager just stops downloading any thing when it feels bored! And says it had done with downloading- may be broken downloads as with my poor dial up.

3)Themes some times don't get applied and the browser looks like lynx! And nothing-not even restarting the browser- helps the browser to get dressed.

O.K! These are my problems with it, any suggestion? Or issues?

I am running 1.0 version.

geek_god

Broken In
Uninstall is needed!

Uninstall your firefox browser. delete the folder. then make sure you have no programs running in the background. make sure to download the latest version from the firefox website.
www.firefox.com
NOW reinstall firefox.

though as uve mentioned, ur using version 1.0, you should get an updated copy in any case.

do the crashes happen only during a firefox session or are they occuring in other browsers as well?
wat about while running other programs?

goobimama

 Macboy
Its cool

I had the exact same problem with my Preview Release of 1.0. I was fed up with a buggy firefox. Anyway, the solution is not just to uninstall and delete the installation folder, but to delete some settings folder in the "documents and settings" folder in windows xp

so, you navigate to c:\documents and settings\username\application data\mzilla\firefox and delete the whole folder, maybe even the mozilla folder.

I might be wrong in the directions but the folder is somewhere there.

You might want to backup your bookmarks but using the bookmarks manager and then saving them somewhere.

Firefox rules!!!! Having a few problems such as this is nowhere compared to the extent of damage IE causes....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom