Firefox problem: Desperately need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

raasm287

Journeyman
hi guys,
I need help!!!
Recently I was browsing on the net and I refreshed by right clicking on the screen and the computer restarted just like that.
On starting it gave an error :-Generic host .. something like that
As I was using firefox during which this happened it got corrupt. Btw I was using 1.06 at that time. I unstalled it, and reinstalled it but still whenever I tried opening it , it was not responding.

So I uninstalled it again, performed a reg clean , deleted all unnecessary files, cleaned the CLSID, and reinstalled it but no avail.

I even tried installing ver 1.04, but still no joy!!

Pl help.. Btw I hv Win Xp Pro.. SP2

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
just a wild suggetion... may b...

well cr8 a another ADIM user... then try to install from there... see what happens...

OP
R

raasm287

Journeyman
did not help.. anyway I hv copied the original folder and pasted it in another location while I removed the original one. for the time being that I am using IE and Maxthon (gawd IE is very slow) how do I get back my bookmarks.
I had some imp links stored

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
For Backing up Bookmarks copy this file
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default and copy bookmarks.html file from that to another folder. Delete the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Mozilla and reinstall Firefox 1.0.6 This will surely solve all your corruption problems in Firefox.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Me too got a problem with portable firefox... Click this link please.. Details below...

I work in a company with highspeed internet connection.
I luv Firefox but can't use it here ('cause I have no admin privileges i can't download and install software...)

So i tried dldin Portable FF and running on the system...

Although the browser is able to open intranet pages... I'm not able to access webpages in the internet... like yahoo...

Why is this happening? I tried many options like "Connection Settings" to auto-detection... but nuthin works... I'm able to access intranet not internet...

Can anythin be done... if yes how... do i have any alternatives... NEED HELP DESPERATELY

Also what & where's opera's portable version...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom