Firefox not showing data from profiles folder

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi Friends,

At work I bookmark some sites, save my logins etc. on my pc. To save time in projects I used to copy the profile folder in a pen drive and do the work at home by creating a new firefox profile and pasting the work profile's contents there. But from the past few months it is not working. I mean I copy the profile folder from work, then create a new profile in my home pc and firefox is opened without any bookmarks, logins, history or anything else. It opens like it has been started for the first time. I did some digging and found these things.
1. On the left side is the contents of the folder which is copied from work. On the right side are the files and folders which are auto created when I select this profile and open firefox

*i.imgur.com/NGg2YAE.jpg

Are these auto created files and folders the reason for the fresh start? The name of the profile folder which I copy is like abcd and the one which I create at home is like wxyz(auto-named). I used to copy the contents from abcd to wxyz. I hope the difference in profile names is not an issue.

2. In my home pc this is how the profile folder looks like-

*i.imgur.com/K9De9bP.jpg
Completely different contents if we compare it to the profile folder from work.

The pc at work is xp and at home is 10. I tried the same on a system with xp also but the result was the same. Have already gone through kb topics in mozilla forums like the one below but no help

Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles | Firefox Help
What should I do?

Thanks

Top Bottom