Firefox gaining on IE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johntp

Broken In
Recent market share numbers released by site tracker NetApplications saw the number of Firefox users inch close to the 10 percent figure (9.57 percent, to be exact) in December 2005, a nearly 1 percent jump from November 2005. :D

Microsoft’s Internet Explorer (IE) still dominates the browser world at roughly 85 percent of the market. But that figure is a drop from NetApplication’s November 2005 statistics, which put IE at 86 percent of the market.

Opera experienced a negligible gain from .53 percent to .55 percent in the same time frame while Netscape dropped from 1.25 percent of the market to 1.24.

These numbers show that, while there are a number of browsers available today for end users, it’s likely going to come down to a two-horse race between IE and Firefox.

Source: *www.techbulletin.net/technology/firefox-gaining-on-ie.html

mario_pant

In the zone
i dont know why but....
nowadays opera makes me feel much better...
but opera lacks the *plugins* feel of FF!!

but lets not start this topic again...

IE sure has a BiG HuGE eMPiRe! whatever we may say abt IE... it STiLL is the "fittest" (darwin will be happy)

ejvyas

Broken In
Firefox sucks big time! Its just the basic HTML that is displayed in good manner. I still cant understnad they have a list of bugs on their webpage and still call themselves it as a browser!

OP
J

johntp

Broken In
Opera Plugin

The only thing I hate about Opera is that it has no good Google Page Rank Plugin :(

Do u guys know any such plugin?

godsownman

Padawan
Yes I agree with Mario_Pant IE is still the fittest. Things which do not work in Opera and FF obviously work in IE.

Yes, I agree IE can be annoying most of the times but its still serves our purpose when we need it.

Overall I prefer Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom