firefox extension giving problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I am using firefox & over 33 extension, it seems I switched on some option & now I cant figure out in which extension did I did so.
All forums I visit including digit forum have these red lines & red boxes around them making difficult to read. When I strat FF in default profile(safe mode) all works fine since the extension is not loaded.

Can anyone tell me what extension is causing this problem or may be some setting in FF might need to be changed.

Ranjan

Kniwor

Learner
lol... this sounds funny, but one cant help u unless we dont know what extensions u are using...

so actually u have the option of reinstalling.

or just see hrought the names of extensions and remove that can be the reason, the extensins like Noscript, Scrapbook, DownthemAll etc will not do things, so u can sort out the possibilities and check the options actually

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
go to tools>webdeveloper>outline. Uncheck all the items. I guess that is what is giving trouble. Just let us know if it works.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Unchecked all but same problems, I guessed that extension too, so had reset to default earlier to posting here, now just to try I uninstalled the web developer toolbar, but that still does not solve the problem.

Here is the list of extension I am using.

1. SEOTools{1.0}
2. CtrlTabPreview{0.2}
3. BroadbandSpeedTestandDiagnostics{1.0.1}
4. Stopwatch{0.8.1.7}
5. TotalValidator{2.2}
6. FullScreen{0.3}
7. AutoCopy{0.6.2}
8. SlimExtensionList{0.3.1}
9. DomainDetails{1.0.1}
10. AIRoboformToolbarforFirefox{6.7.2}
11. mozImage{1.4.5}
12. GoogleToolbarforFirefox{2.0.20060606W}
13. X-Ray{0.8}
14. FirefoxExtensionBackupExtension(FEBE){2.0}
15. Translate{0.6.0.8}
16. ImageBot{3.0.3}
17. RankQuestSEOToolbar{2.1}
18. PaletteGrabber{0.2}
19. CuteMenus-CrystalSVG{1.1}
20. ViewSourceChart{2.0.02}
21. MeasureIt{0.3.5}
22. IETab{1.0.9.5}
23. PlainOldFavorites{0.5.6.1}
24. MozillaArchiveFormat{0.6.3}
25. FirefoxShowcase{0.5.8.2}
26. TinyUrlCreator{1.0.2}
27. {}
28. SearchPluginHacks{0.1.3}
29. TabbrowserPreferences{1.2.8.9}
30. ImageToolbar{0.6.3}
31. BrowseAtWork{0.3.1}
32. YellowpipeLynxViewerTool{1.2}
33. BlankLast{0.7}
34. GmailSpace{0.3.4}
35. WindowResizer{0.5}
36. XECurrencyConverter{1.0}
37. SortExtensionsandThemes{3.0.3}
38. FoxClocks{1.2.77}
39. SearchStatus{1.16}
40. EnhancedBookmarkSearch{0.1.4.03}
41. TabMixPlus{0.3.0.5}
42. 1-ClickWeather{1.1.2}
43. GooglePreview{1.3.1}
44. eReader{0.4}

Thanks for the try, any further guess, else I have to uninstall all the extension & then reinstall 1 by 1 all again, dont want to do that but may have to do it, if no solution found.

Ranjan

T

thunderbird.117

You dont need to remove each extenstion just disable all of them and enable each one of them to figure which is causing the problem.

shovik

Banned
Yeah definitely disable all the plugins at once, and then enable the plugins one by one to detect which one is the faulty. If you fail even after this then goto the following link and post your problem ::

*forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38

This is official support forum for Mozilla Firefox and hope that you will surely get your solution.

Regards,
Shovik.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
39. SearchStatus{1.16}

This one was the culprit, which was giving me nightmare. Thanks for your help guys, I did not know that disabling the extension was a possiblity too.

Ranjan

T

thunderbird.117

ranjan2001 said:
39. SearchStatus{1.16}

This one was the culprit, which was giving me nightmare. Thanks for your help guys, I did not know that disabling the extension was a possiblity too.

Ranjan

That is what i like in firefox. Iam eagerly waiting for firefox 2.0.

One more tip in firefox is if you want to restart the browser. Go to file and click on restart browser and it automatically closes and runs again.

And get a session saver extension.

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I dont find any such option in File>restart using FF 1.5, where is restart option located? Instead of session saver I use TabMixPlus{0.3.0.5} which saves session too.

Last edited:

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Listen to what I say. In the FireFox browser menu go to Tools->Extensions. It will open a 'Extensions' dialog box. It shows the extensions you have installed. To disable a extension , first select it by highlighting it and right click on it. That opens a popup window. Choose 'Disable'. Now the particular extension you have chosen is disabled. You must repeat this for all the extensions and find the extension that's giving you the trouble and disable it. To enable an extension do the same thing 'Click on Enable'. You have too many extensions. Try to reduce them!! It definitely consumes more resources also your browser would be slow.

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Jguru, My problem is solved by disabling them 1by 1 & checking out. I responded to thunderbird's last post regarding the restart option within FF. Icould not find that & posted the screenshot of file menu too.

I am not running all extension at same time but yes I do use 30-35 of them. FF in starting is slow but after that no problems.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Hi,

I think this will be useful to you all:

Firefox Cheat guide:

Code:
*lesliefranke.com/files/reference/firefoxcheatsheet.html

Let me know if it was useful!!!

T

thunderbird.117

ranjan2001 said:
I dont find any such option in File>restart using FF 1.5, where is restart option located? Instead of session saver I use TabMixPlus{0.3.0.5} which saves session too.

are you using 1.5.0.4 ?

Yous should use the extension for it. Firefox 2.0 has that inbulit

Install :-

1. MR Tech's Local Install 5.1.1

*www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/index.html <-- This is extension is very very good.

2. MR Tech's Disable XPI Install Delay 2.2

*www.mrtech.com/extensions/#xpi_install

BTW when Firefox 2.0 comes you dont need session saver anymore. :D

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I installed that extension "restart firefox"

Further update to my problem................... I reinstalled SearchStatus{1.16} & in the options unchecked "highlight no follow links" that was giving me those red outline bars, so now I have the extension & the problem is fully sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom