Firefox crashed ... lost bookmarks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
There was a power failure and the PC went off after the battery went kaput.
When I booted again ... I found that I have lost all the bookmarks in Firefox !!

Is there any way to salvage them from somewhere ?

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
go to firefox directory(\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox) and look for bookmarks.html or look for bookmarks backup folder.
Another way is to use system restore(sure way)

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
The same thing happened to me i don't know why even it has cleared all my cache

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
@cyberboy_kerala .... thanks ..thanks a L O T !!!!

I found all the bookmarks where u mentioned they would be ..

Thanks again ..:)

@kushagra_krates@Y! ..... I am baffled as to why it happened.This was the first time ever it happened.Earlier when it crashed it showed a restore session popup which is quite nice ...but never did it remove all the bookmarks and also this time it didnt show that popup. But all my authentications and password entries are intact.:-|

Last edited:

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
this happen wen firefox is on during power failure, its the problem with hdd data loss.Other windows files r also vulnerable to this.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Use google sync for firefox. It backs up All your browser info including stored passwords. I find it very useful when switching between windows and linux. If you have privacy concerns use foxmarks, it will only backup your bookmarks

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I have mentioned it in Point 18:

"18. How to recover lost Firefox bookmarks?"

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61413

OP
I

indian_samosa

No longer here..
ax3 said:
always export ur bookmarks .... easy way ......

no extensions needed .......

Yup ... I did that last month ...I even uploaded that bookmark file into my mailbox so that I can access it whenever I need it ...

Its just that I had added some new items to the bookmarks and I had forgotten the exact links (or exactly what they were) these days.So I needed those..

Anyways I got those ... thanks to cyberboy_kerala's post. :)

@vishal_gupta ... yup Its the same thing as cyberboy_kerala's suggestion. :)

Thanks guys for all the quick replies.:)

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
u guys don't have to try any plugins or do any backup .. just follow vishal's instructions !! u guys simply don't listen to the experts

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
u guys don't have to try any plugins or do any backup .. just follow vishal's instructions !! u guys simply don't listen to the experts
thats fine but what if u want to acces the same bookmarks from some other computer ?

1) carry the bookmarks file in a pen drive
2) save it on an online bookmarks servers

but then if u have internet 2nd option is the best:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom