Firefox 3 becomes top browser in Europe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaithy

In the zone
Despite IE's latest much hyped improved version(as test results published by some sites ) IE's woe is compunded in Eupropean countries by their recent antitrust moves against Redmond Giant. So it is not surprise that
Microsoft last week lost European browser market leadership for the first time in years, when Mozilla's Firefox 3 took the top spot from Internet Explorer 7, Web analytics firm StatCounter said on Tuesday.
Mozilla Foundation's Firefox 3 had 35.05 percent of the European Web browser market last week, followed by Internet Explorer 7 (MSFT.O) with 34.54 percent.
"The move is partly explained by a small switch from Internet Explorer 7 usage to Internet Explorer 8, but also by growing market share overall by Firefox 3," Aodhan Cullen, the chief executive of StatCounter, said in a statement.
"The data shows that Firefox is closing the gap and is now just 10 percent behind all Internet Explorer versions in Europe," Cullen said.
In February Internet Explorer 7 had a global market share of 41 percent, followed by Firefox 3 with 24 percent, according to StatCounter.

Source;*www.reuters.com/article/technology-media-telco-SP/idUSLV51577320090331

OP
V

vaithy

In the zone
Firefox had more advers than any other browser in history .

Let win 7 get launched

If win 7 comes it actually benefit fire fox users as well as opera, as IE8 come with unbundling option (due to EU rulings).. I have installed IE8 (beta) and firefox3.08 in windows -7 (beta) though IE8 is fast and has many features, many sites that I visit are still not rendering perfectly(although work with IE7&IE6) also missing the comfort of FF 's massive plugin support.. In windows XP IE8 may not survive at all.. This make Xp users stick with either IE7 or IE6.. and vista and windows 7 users with IE8..So FF competition mainly comes from Google's chrome ,Opera and Safari..(it may also in reverse order..)

vaithy

See ? When you give option to choose browser, many DONT choose IE as fanboys expect. Not just firefox, you can expect Chrome and Opera's usage base to also go up.

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
Firefox simply rocks!!... when i am at home, the only browser i use is FF, well almost.... (though i am typing this post in Chrome!! and several IE windows open with 0 FF!!... thats because FF is not running smoothly in our office network!)... i agree some pages will display only on IE, but even for that we've got the IETab plugin .\../

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom