Firefox 3.0 alpha 8 released with new security features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
*www.tech-faq.com/graphics/pixel.jpe

Mozilla foundation has released the latest alpha version of their upcoming Firefox 3 web browser.

Firefox 3 is in alpha 8 version now and it comes with some of the new security features they have been promising since quite sometime.

The latest alpha release comes with built-in anti-malware warnings and protection against rogue extension updates.

The anti malware component in this release has been designed to block Web sites thought to contain malicious downloads.

It would be using information supplied by Google. Mozilla added about the other new features in this update: “Firefox automatically checks for updates to add-ons using a URL specified in the add-on’s install manifest. Currently there are no requirements placed on these URLs. In particular, [they are not] required to be https. This allows either the update manifest or the update package to be compromised, potentially resulting in the injection of malicious updates. A demonstration of one form of compromise is already public.”

Source

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Better Known Features:
1. It'll use Cairo Graphics Lib. instead of XULRunner, So the Rendering and UI will be more responsive. (i.e. FF wont hang when you open Digg)
2. It passes ACID2 CSS Test (which Opera/Safari/Konq already passed)
3. It has a new download manager. (Which presumably has a Resume feature)
4. It'll use SQLite Database for storing bookmarks, etc. So it'll be fast.

Thats all I know, However, I would be VERY annoyed if it still hangs(i.e. gets unresponsive for a while) when opening heavy 'web-2.0' sites. :mad:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
but there is big problem of fire fox is he cannot save the web pages with his name it save like showthread.php

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
NIGHTMARE said:
but there is big problem of fire fox is he cannot save the web pages with his name it save like showthread.php

W i d e S c r e e N said:
^ it definately *ucks up the forum saving. hope it will adress this issue

It saves showthread.php like showthread.php.htm What's the problem in this? It saves pages correctly everytime. If there is a problem at your end, no need to blame Firefox for it.

shady_inc said:
hope it's better than that cra$$ called FF2.

What is crap in FF2???

The only problem seems with FF2 now is that it hangs for few seconds if net disconnects while a new tab is opening. And when it resumes it says Can't drop item onto taskbar. This is the only trouble Which I found. It always hangs if net disconnects suddenly. And maybe its the problem only at my end only.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
navjotjsingh said:
It saves showthread.php like showthread.php.htm What's the problem in this? It saves pages correctly everytime. If there is a problem at your end, no need to blame Firefox for it.

if u want save yahoo web it save showthread.php but in other hand opera and maxthon save with yahoo so every time i write name of web page good

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
navjotjsingh said:
Can you explain that a bit more clearly?
He wants the browser to save web pages to save with the topic name like "Firefox 3.0 alpha 8 released with new security features" instead of default "showthread.php"

is that you are trying to say??

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
t.

if u want save yahoo web it save showthread.php but in other hand opera and maxthon save with yahoo so every time i write name of web page good

You can use this

Status
Not open for further replies.