Finally HTC launches Desire S in india

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
imported_ganesh said:
Camera and bluetooth are good in N8 compared to Desire S

Only the camera part is true, bluetooth part is actually misconception among most of us.
Lemme say this (again!) - bluetooth 3 has no practical advantage over bluetooth 2.1, unless it is bluetooth 3 + HS :)

BTW, if "Motorola Atrix at 27k or less" comes true, it's recommended over LG Optimus 2X.

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
anyone have a idea when Desire S will be available in the market.Currently i am in chennai and i talk to the HTC dealer,they r saying that this phone will take atleast 1 or 2 month.Any idea..? As i am eagerly waiting for this phone.

reddead

LoSt!
anyone have a idea when Desire S will be available in the market.Currently i am in chennai and i talk to the HTC dealer,they r saying that this phone will take atleast 1 or 2 month.Any idea..? As i am eagerly waiting for this phone.

get it from flipkart cash on delivery...why wait months

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
get it from flipkart cash on delivery...why wait months

k.Waiting for 1 more week,then definately going to flipkart.

Bad news for Desire S user.HTC Sense 3.0 won’t be supported on older HTC devices including newly Desire S and Incrediable S.
Check Here:HTC Sense 3.0 won’t be supported on older HTC devices - GSMArena.com news

v_joy

Journeyman
^ WTF! :O
The biggest advantage Desire S had over SE neo was its Sense 3.0.
Atleast that is what attracted me.
For me User Interface is of the highest priority among other features in a phone.
Now I'll definitely go for SE Neo.

tkin

Back to school!!
k.Waiting for 1 more week,then definately going to flipkart.

Bad news for Desire S user.HTC Sense 3.0 won’t be supported on older HTC devices including newly Desire S and Incrediable S.
Check Here:HTC Sense 3.0 won’t be supported on older HTC devices - GSMArena.com news
*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/VanillaFayce/Forum%20Poop/fuuu.png

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
It's Desire S, not Incredible S :)

Here's one reliable source -
HTC Desire S vs Nokia N8 - GSMArena.com
- according to GSMArena Desire S has better stand-by time than N8.

I would like to share my ideas, I've Samsung Spica which have 1500mAh battery which runs for 9+ hrs after my extending usage so any smartphone with that battery will do best, in that HTC Desire S leads.
Secondly the RAM and Processor plays a vital role my phone is 800mhz, 128mb RAM, I feel slow and not up to the mark on gaming particularly, apart from that its good.
Camera: Anyone who like photography will be interested in more megapixel Nokia leads.
OS:One of the most important one, since Android is from a big hand I personally like Android mobiles.
The Edge and GPRS are tweaked to the maximum in HTC whereas Nokia in class 33.
HSDPA and HSUPA are also tweaked high in HTC which stands second to Samsung Galaxy S II.
Last: Thickness and weight are less in HTC.
On my choice I would buy HTC.
Good hardware and good OS.
Camera and bluetooth are good in N8 compared to Desire S.
Have anyone come across Motorola Atrix? Launched in India but price yet to reveal.

No matter what the specs say, almost all android Phones last ~8-9hrs max, if you switch off background data, GPS etc then you can extract an hour or more.
But seriously having an Android Phone and switching off data is like buying an Aston Martin and keeping it at home worrying about low mileage :oops:

Even I had a Spica before and I feel it lasts longer than my Desire.

N8 not worth it....got only 256MB RAM!!!!
guys check out HTC Sensation!!!

Hardware alone is not a deciding factor for performance, N8 is optimized for S^3 and runs perfectly fine without any lags and benchmarks in games were also good and Nokia has perfected basic mobile phone functionalities, so it can't go wrong on that front. That said, Symbian is a mummified OS, So I prefer an Android anyday.

*i693.photobucket.com/albums/vv293/VanillaFayce/Forum%20Poop/fuuu.png

haha ;)

Even Desire was never supposed to run Sense 2.0 that came with Desire Z and DHD, yet here I'm using Desire HD ROM ported for Desire, which is way faster than stock ROM and much stable.

*s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/278124100.png?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1302980505&Signature=zUSjU9jK3xNzM8ZqItU4EJnNQW8%3D

You can never go wrong with a HTC Device, given the strong Developers base it has. You have loads of custom ROM's to play with.

And speaking of Sense 3.0, already beta ROM's are floating, so no worries on that front too ;)

[ROM][Ginger Sense][15 Apr]RCMix S v07++, WIFI Tether, 720p Streaming, TV animation! - xda-developers

OP
S

silicon_fusion

Journeyman
Thanks sriharsha_madineni for all d update.BTW today i ordered Desire S from Ebay retailer bberry.store.It cost me 23,550 with free shipping.Also get 1 jabar Headset free by applying Ebay coupon code..:)

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Here is the review for interested buyers, (excluding me)

HTC Desire S review: Droid cravings - GSMArena.com

Senthil

Right off the assembly line
Pros:
1. Professional look
2. Pocketable 3.7'' screen size
3. Android Gingerbread version out of the box
4. Can play DivX/XviD movies
5. World class user interface - HTC Sense 2.1
6. Awesome battery life
7. Solid build and superb design
8. Front camera for Video calling
9. 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon chipset
10. 1.1 GN Rom and 768 MB Ram
Cons:
1. Super LCD Screen, Which is inferior compare to Galaxy S super amoled screen
2. 5 MP Camera (For the same price Nokia offering 12 MP N8)
3. Adreno 205 GPU is inferior than Galaxy S PowerVR SGX540 GPU (Run quadrent)

I selected Desire S over Galaxy S because of the professional look and pocketable size of Desire S. I ordered in Flipkart on 18.04.2011 and waiting for the arrival. Flipkart price Rs.23750/-(Social network DVD free)

Senthil

I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network movie DVD original box came free.Very prompt delivery and excellant packing. Along with Invoice they also provided nearby HTC service centre for my future reference. Go for Flipkart and grab HTC Desire S. Wait for my Desire S review.

dreatica

Dev
I am from India. I received Desire S today through Flipkart for Rs.23750. One Social network movie DVD original box came free.Very prompt delivery and excellant packing. Along with Invoice they also provided nearby HTC service centre for my future reference. Go for Flipkart and grab HTC Desire S. Wait for my Desire S review.

You working with Flipkart ? I see you posting this @ gsmarena etc ? :shock:

BTW: Congrats :)

Senthil

You working with Flipkart ? I see you posting this @ gsmarena etc ? :shock:

BTW: Congrats :)

Sorry. I little bit excited abt HTC desire S. When I asked abt the availability of Desire S with one famous mobile retailer in bangalore, they said it may be available in may. I got much fedup since I am in a hurry to settle with desire or galaxy s. But flipkart helped me in this aspect. anyway I correct by projecting a shop in my future posting. By they by I am working in a MNC in Bangalore. Also plz read my Desire S reviews in GSM areana. Today I came here to post it. After seeing ur msg I understood the people here following GSM Arena like me. so no need to post one more time. Thanks.

I am very sad now. Today flipkart reduced the price to Rs.23265/-. I bought for Rs.23750. Sent one mail to customer care.