Feature Transfer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackpearl75

Broken In
Whenever I try to install "CorelDRAW GraphicsSuite X3" it pops up following window Feature Transfer Error which says:

FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
Feature: DefualtFeature
Component:
File:
Error: Catastrophic failure

My other software 'Setups' are also giving "Feature Transfer Error"

Any idea what is the Issue? Thanks

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Thnx for Prompt reply...
i have created a user account for myself and given it administrative rights..But after ur reply i tried logging in as Adminstrative ..but the problem persists...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
"FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR
Feature: DefualtFeature
Component:
File:
Error: Catastrophic failure"

are there this kind of error.:confused:, or is it coz of a virus/spyware...

@blackpearl75 which AV are you using.

& ONLY if you're sure there's no virus/spyware on ur system then try installing the s/w with the AV disabled.

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Yess..s18000rpm..i have also come across this prob. for the 1st time...this is not due to virus/spyware...as i have re-install my winXp Sp2(i've used the SAME CD i generally use to install windows) and i'm trying to install CorelDRAW GraphicsSuite X3 (& other software setups) on fresh install of windows...i use Clamwin and Kaspersky Avtivirus+ Ad-Aawre SE Pro...i've checked my HDD with chkdsk also...i am sure that the prob. is Not related to Hardware.
Thnx 4 the reply..

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
vimal_mehrotra said:
see this *www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=27366
nice find dude:)

ok changed it:D

here Chocolate
*img517.imageshack.us/img517/8664/chocolatak2.gif
& Wine bottle, very rare one:D, costs Billions of Dollars:D
*img517.imageshack.us/img517/170/jandbyn9.gif

Last edited:
OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
see this *www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=27366

indeed...nice link:) ..u guys certainly deserve to party COZ u are devoting ur valuable time for other's problems...i'll give a try to it...& if my problem is solved..i'll throw party for u guys(if u r in delhi:D )
thnx...

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Hey "s18000rpm".....plzzz dont take the thread in other direction...first plzzz let's solve the issue of "Feature Transfer Error"...we will celebrate after that..
thank you..
Regards..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^dude you got all the solutions,now its up to you to solve the problem:D

Last edited:
OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
Nope..the issue is NOT solved..despite solution provided by some of the best "masters" on this community...corel setup issue remains as it is...here is another "FEATURE TRANSFER ERROR - no.2" screenshot with ANOTHER Program (Luxology Modo- for 3D)...Guess my windows is Gone :mad:
Just one ques. - Does it corrupt my "Setup" Files Too..????
Regards
& Thnx for putting in your valuabale Time.

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
s18000rpm said:
so have you updated the Windows XP???

Hi!! Update windows to what ?? i'm already using winXP Sp2. Hope "NTFS" or "FAT32" file system has nothing to do in this? Prior to re-install, i was on FAT32 But now i'm on NTFS..does it need to be considered ??

OP
blackpearl75

blackpearl75

Broken In
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^Repair your windows installation.You will lose nothing:D

i heard there are specific commands to repair windows in 'R' = repair mode..i guess this is what i have to do ..run setup and at options screen Press 'R' for repair..then what ....??? i am clueless
Regards..

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
no dont press R ,instead choose to install xp.It will automatically detect the existing installation and give 2 options.
1.install a fresh copy
2.Repair the existing installation

choose repair:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom