Broken In
Hi everyone,,

MY PC configuration is listed below

ASUS P5GDC-V Deluxe motherboard [915G chipset]
P4 3.0 GHz
512 MB DDR 400 mhz x2 RAM
seagate 200GB hardisk SATA

My sytem is only 1 month old
Frm the day i got my PC it was restarting only while playing game,, no matter wat i did i dint solved my problem,i installed latest drivers,directx and all but didnt solved,,
But i managed to solve the problem
wat i did was i removed 1 ram and ran the system with only 1 512 MB RAM,,surprisingly it didnt restart while playing games..
Then i removed this working ram and replaced it with another 512 MB RAM which i removed earlier...
my system again restarted while playing game,,

So itz clear that my problem is with 1 RAM

If ram is faulty why thus it restart only while playing games?

Thankin all

digen

Youngling
Great going there with trial & error troubleshooting !
One thing I would like to suggest is get memtest from *www.memtest86.com/ & take the memory test to be sure that single chip of RAM is indeed the problem.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
As digen said, you followed a good logical process in isolating the problem.
karthik55859 said:
If ram is faulty why thus it restart only while playing games?
This is because you have (or had) a fairly large amount of RAM which is not fully utilised by most other apps.

A RAM stick has millions and millions of transistors and other components inside the chips. Out of these, only one or at most only a few components are defective. It's only during memory-hungry applications like gaming that your computer tries to access those particular components.

A lot depends on the location of the defective component inside the chips. In some cases, a single defective transistor can cause repeated crashes even with light applications if it happens to be at a location that's regularly addressed.

ferrarif50

Journeyman
pimpom said:
This is because you have (or had) a fairly large amount of RAM which is not fully utilised by most other apps.

Exactly. Its just that ur faulty RAM is or the faulty part of it is not being used unless u start a game.

Try running a huge resource hungy app or run many apps together, such that more RAM is being used.

Nodoubt, your RAM is faulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom