Fast Track 2.0?

Your thoughts about Fast Track

• It's perfect, leave it the way it is!

Votes: 30 15.2%
  • A little colour and better paper would go a long way.

Votes: 103 52.0%
  • Make it a Colour, Interactive PDF on the DVD.

Votes: 27 13.6%
  • Replace it with a comprehensive multimedia tutorial on the DVD.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • Just end it, I hate it.

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
MetalheadGautham said:
I thought you were an old-timer, FatBeing, then howcome you are a supporter of "neo-style" e-books?(just a joke, no offence intended)

Old timer? At this tender age? Grr.
I'm more of the "I'd rather read e-book than no book at all" kind of person. (I read classics on my phone using Mobipocket)

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
Fast Track currently makes us think we r just kids*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/106.gif......make it a little more geeky, so it can benefit both beginners and proz......*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/39.gif

I like the 3rd and 4th opinion in the poll........I polled for the 4th option.*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/67.gif

Last edited:
B

bigdaddy486

A good colour paper would make me read it...............
Plz if you change the paper, plz don't rise up the money from Rs.125.........

Bcz even now, its high price for me...........

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've chosen :
Make it a Colour, Interactive PDF on the DVD
That will save some cost. With that you could include a single layer dvd.

damnthenet

Journeyman
It would be nice to see fast track books with better paper quality and colour pages.........
But it will cost a lot in terms of printing and all........
So, we can try this :
The monthly fast track issues can be given as PDF and occasionally, maybe during the anniversary issues, a good printed book (worthy to be kept as a collector's edition) can be given.
This will also make it a great gift and cut down on paper and printing costs.

mjacobin

Right off the assembly line
Use soft copy and save trees and secondly i hoped if you could add one more item regarding the topics chosen for Fast Track.
It sounds kiddish when certain topics are taken out.

If you can take out some soft copies on advance topics like programming and hardware, networking or something on ITIL or something related to law, processes as well will be really good. there are lot of things which really needs to explored in Hardware, Networking and Software. When you guys explain the Basics it is really good but need somethings more apart from it like going indepth with it or how to use it.

OK, how about giving a colour interractive(flash based, or java based to enable multiple OS readability) in the magazine, and offering a Paper version with enhanced print and colour for sale indivudually in the market ?

But while doing above, also remove digit digit CD and reduce price to Rs. 100/-.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I preper paper over ebook. It will be good if you also add a shootout of major players in fastrack for hardware and some DIY's and TnT's for softwares

eg: Including Speaker and sound card review roundup and POC's of major players in a Multimedia fastrack will make it much more useful.

B

bigdaddy486

better paper would lead the way as it make me read it............

Arun the Gr8

Journeyman
man i would prefer a physical book than a pdf...
i already stick a lot 2 my montor playing games...
with d fast-track i donot want to lose my eyes

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/113.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom