Fast charger for Nexus 7 2013.

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Hello guy.

I need a good fast charging charger for my Nexus 7 2013. I checked the Internet and found that most of them are the charges which don't work with typical Indian sockets. And also I cannot find Indian version of these.

Amazon.com: Pwr+® 6.5 Ft AC Adapter 2.1A Rapid Charger for Google Nexus 7, 9, 10 Tablet Tab; Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, 4 7.0, Note 8.0; Nexus S Phone ; Asus MeMo Pad 7, 8, 10 HD FHD Smart, ASUS Transformer Book T100TA; Galaxy S2, S3, S4, S6 Edge; HTC Ph

Iam aware of sockets which convert two pin to three pin but Iam skeptical that it may affect the charging speed.

Hence can you guys suggest me a FAST charger at a reasonable price which supports Indian sockets?

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
Ofc, the cabling affects charging.

I bought this one from Amazon BTW

Sony CP-AD2 USB AC Adapter with 1.5m Cable

Mr.Kickass

In the zone
I think the length is sufficient but if you still insist, then buying an extension cord could solve your problem

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
I think the length is sufficient but if you still insist, then buying an extension cord could solve your problem
So there isn't a good alternative to this charger? I personally feel the cord is short and didn't like the colour . So alternative?

$hadow

Geek in making
can I get that in flipkart or Amazon? My charger totally sucks and takes 12hrs to charge :(

That can't be right. My stock charger still charges my n7 in 3 to 3.5hrs. Plus you have to be rooted and installed elemental x kernel to enable fast charge to full potential. And I haven't searched for the charger but you should look for adaptive fast charger on the Samsung Cafe or centers.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
That can't be right. My stock charger still charges my n7 in 3 to 3.5hrs. Plus you have to be rooted and installed elemental x kernel to enable fast charge to full potential. And I haven't searched for the charger but you should look for adaptive fast charger on the Samsung Cafe or centers.
I don't have the official stock charger and Iam using other phones charger and plus I can't afford to root now. So.. Looking to buy a charger.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Than fast charger won't work.
I've heard several people obtaining this fast charge without rooting. Check out the Amazon reviews or Flipkart review. An average person is not rooted and these fast chargers work like a charm for them...

$hadow

Geek in making
I've heard several people obtaining this fast charge without rooting. Check out the Amazon reviews or Flipkart review. An average person is not rooted and these fast chargers work like a charm for them...

Because that average person has not actually seen how fast charger work. The device connected to the fast charger Wil charge faster but not like it will charge at full potential.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Because that average person has not actually seen how fast charger work. The device connected to the fast charger Wil charge faster but not like it will charge at full potential.
So you mean even if we charge it fastly, battery won't be lasting for long?

$hadow

Geek in making
So you mean even if we charge it fastly, battery won't be lasting for long?

Let's say if your phone charges in like 100 mins with fast charger and fast charge not enabled so it is not getting 100% current. You are getting like 70% of it. And since bootloader is unlocked I don't think flashing a kernel would be that much difficult. Just root it and enjoy.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Let's say if your phone charges in like 100 mins with fast charger and fast charge not enabled so it is not getting 100% current. You are getting like 70% of it. And since bootloader is unlocked I don't think flashing a kernel would be that much difficult. Just root it and enjoy.
Oh. But flashing a kernel and all those rom stuff is very time consuming... Can we enable that fast charging ability using xposed modules or any of the tweaks without going too mainstream like changing kernel?

$hadow

Geek in making
Oh. But flashing a kernel and all those rom stuff is very time consuming... Can we enable that fast charging ability using xposed modules or any of the tweaks without going too mainstream like changing kernel?

Flashing a kernel will not wipe your data at all. You can flash the kernel over your stock rom like I did.

OP
K

kalam_gohab

Ambassador of Buzz
Flashing a kernel will not wipe your data at all. You can flash the kernel over your stock rom like I did.
Why Iam avoiding flashing is that I can't get OTA updates easily. It becomes a mess later on. Using Xposed is much easier and can be easily disabled for OTA...

$hadow

Geek in making
Why Iam avoiding flashing is that I can't get OTA updates easily. It becomes a mess later on. Using Xposed is much easier and can be easily disabled for OTA...

If there is a OTA it will be installed as it would have been a stock device but it will flash the stock kernel. All you have to do is to flash the custom kernel and wham you are back from where you left.

Top Bottom