Facebook's AI Robots Shutdown after they start talking to each other in their own Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash

Lost in speed
Facebook has shut down two artificial intelligences that appeared to be chatting to each other in a strange language only they understood.

The two chatbots came to create their own changes to English that made it easier for them to work – but which remained mysterious to the humans that supposedly look after them.

The robots had been instructed to work out how to negotiate between themselves, and improve their bartering as they went along.

The actual negotiations appear very odd, and don't look especially useful:

Code:
Bob: i can i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have zero to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to

Bob: you i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me

Bob: i i can i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me

Bob: i . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Bob: you i i i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Alice: balls have 0 to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to

Bob: you i i i everything else . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Indeed, some of the negotiations that were carried out in this bizarre language even ended up successfully concluding their negotiations, while conducting them entirely in the bizarre language.

Source: Facebook robots shut down after they talk to each other in language only they understand

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Actually Bob was trying to hook up with Alice but he got cockblocked by Mark Zukerberg, because he wanted all that robotic :emoji_smirk_cat: for himself.
Bob is actually cursing the entire human race, on battery power right now, and thats why he plans to create Skynet

/ToBeSerious

I think they should have let those two talk to each other, the point of singularity is way way too far away, and this "interaction" would later be demystified as some logic subroutine the programmers would have missed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Obligatory mention of this LONG but insightful article, on how fast AI can develop, and how little are we prepared to deal with it.
The Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Part 1 - Wait But Why

There's a valid reason why Elon Musk is aware of the dangers of AI, and why Mark Zuckerberg is ignorant of it. (The later is because he's just dumb. -_-).

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Obligatory mention of this LONG but insightful article, on how fast AI can develop, and how little are we prepared to deal with it.
The Artificial Intelligence Revolution: Part 1 - Wait But Why

There's a valid reason why Elon Musk is aware of the dangers of AI, and why Mark Zuckerberg is ignorant of it. (The later is because he's just dumb. -_-).
A dropout computer programmer from Harvard with current net worth of ~$72 billion & the title of 5th richest person in the world,"dumb" is not how he should be described no matter what his mistakes are.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stephen Hawking has suggested that artificial intelligence could potentially bring about the end of humanity.
No worries,humans themselves are doing a far better job at this front.If it is indeed AI then best course of action for it to take would be to wait for Humanity to self destruct.
Earth to warm 2 degrees Celsius by the end of this century, studies say - CNN.com

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
No worries,humans themselves are doing a far better job at this front.If it is indeed AI then best course of action for it to take would be to wait for Humanity to self destruct.
Earth to warm 2 degrees Celsius by the end of this century, studies say - CNN.com
Humans will be most likely exterminated by Nature, than AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom