Facebook and the nonsense called timeline

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Hi guys,

I have never converted to the new timeline interface in Facebook and now it seems they are automatically converting my wall to timeline settings in a few days time.TFB is showing the new wall as a preview for 7 days and by the time I can edit the timeline the way I needed it seems. I am not interested in keeping a diary of mine like this in facebook and want it to remain as a "Write and then forget" scribble pad interface.

1) Is there any way to retain the old interface if converted?

2) Anyway from people( 'friends') to stop access or dig into all past updates in timeline.

3) And if needed, any one button solution to clear all past entries of say a year or a month?

Looking forward and best wishes!

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
Some fools in crap facebook tech groups will suggest you links for removing timeline, don't click on them. They are 3rd party softwares which can steal your sensitive data.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Although Timeline is a change to stay, I don't really think it matters that much. Slowly you get used to the new interface and then older one seems archaic.
It's a change which you "have" to accept or leave FB entirely. :p

Anyway, you CAN do something for your posts of the past in timeline view.
Goto Privacy Settings and look for this option, "Limit the Audience for Past Posts" through which you can, "Limit the audience for posts you shared with friends of friends or Public". :)

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
Although Timeline is a change to stay, I don't really think it matters that much. Slowly you get used to the new interface and then older one seems archaic.
It's a change which you "have" to accept or leave FB entirely. :p

Anyway, you CAN do something for your posts of the past in timeline view.
Goto Privacy Settings and look for this option, "Limit the Audience for Past Posts" through which you can, "Limit the audience for posts you shared with friends of friends or Public". :)

Well Vyom, didn't quite get what exactly is "Past posts" since how old would be taken as Past? Infact all data would be a matter of past in just a seconds time, right?

According to FB "If you use this tool, content on your timeline you've shared with 'friends of friends' or Public will change to Friends. You also have the option to individually change the audience of your posts. Just go to the post you want to change and choose a different audience."

I don't even want friends to dig into past, by checking into timeline at a later stage, but they should see the updates when I am doing them as well. Any solution there? :/

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't really see the problem here. :/

Technically the "past" posts which you are worried your friends might see can also be seen by scrolling down your wall. Time line just makes it more "accessible".

So if you are so paranoid about your past posts, just delete them one by one. OR, disable your current facebook account, and start on a clean slate! :p

OP
windchimes

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
I don't really see the problem here. :/

Technically the "past" posts which you are worried your friends might see can also be seen by scrolling down your wall. Time line just makes it more "accessible".

So if you are so paranoid about your past posts, just delete them one by one. OR, disable your current facebook account, and start on a clean slate! :p

Thanks.. ain't that paranoid but intense dislike for timeline for sure.
Cheers!

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Got bored of fb dont spend tym but donno why whenever i open chrome 1st thing i do is type "f in address bar and press enter".

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
mark has screwed FB. In trying to do everything he has made the website so heavy that now i find it unusable.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
What is Facebook:confused:

A book consists of picture as well as description of several human and semi-human faces. Publisher have a lots of helpers who continuously change the design of that book and the result of one of such creation is 'timeline'.

I hope this little piece of simplified information enlightened you are many other people/visitors like you.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
i had suspended my account since many months, but logged in again to the bandwagon a few weeks back upon consistent requests from friends (apparently, its one way to keep in contact with a select few nowadays in this FB-crazed world :(). then i too encountered this annoying 'timeline' thing. but now am using an extension in chrome named 'timeline remove'. although timeline feature is still present for my account (since it can't be removed), but the extension has made it 'invisible' for me or others to see, and what i/they see is the plain & simple(??) old look.

and now, what i keep doing whenever i feel to, is, log in 'happily', see what all funny & other pictures the world has posted, save those images to my HDD, and then log off (in between, PMing a few contacts)! this is one fruitful use i can currently understand of this book. poor me. though i second batman here from my heart when it comes to FB's features:

*i.imgur.com/cJaLFl.jpg

Last edited:

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
FB Was fun at first,not anymore.now i find Facebook Babes Picture Pack to be more entertaining than FB:D

Top Bottom