Eyefinity setup under 150k-180k

Vincee777

Broken In
EDITED

*1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')*
Ans:Gaming on multimonitor. Playing games like CRYSIS 3, BF3&4, GTA V, WITCHER, METRO, NFS, COD etc.., on EYEFINITY

*2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.*
Ans: New Budget i.e, 150k. But can stretch it to 180k only when there is necessary or genuine need.

*3. Planning to overclock?*
Ans: Yes.

*4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?*
Ans:Win 7 & 8. DUALBOOT

*5. How much hard drive space is needed?*
Ans:2tb will be enough.

*6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.*
Ans: Yes. 24" x3 for EYEFINITY.

*7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?*
Ans:I will buy all the components.

*8. When are you planning to buy the system?*
Ans:Before May 19.

*9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?*
Ans:I will assemble it.

*10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?*
Ans:I stay in Belguam Karnataka. Open to online shops.

*11. Anything else which you would like to say?*
Ans:My previous budget was 80k. Now my new budget is 150k. Suggest me some solid components. Thanks Regards. :)

Last edited:

rock2702

Padawan
Re: Eyefinity setup under 80k-100k

i5 3570k-14k
Gigabyte z77x-ud3h-12k
Sapphire 7950 vapor-x x 2 -44k
GSkill ripjawx 4gbx2@1600-3k
Corsair hx850-10k
Dell s2240l x 3-27k
Seagate barracuda 2tb-6k
Nzxt phantom-8k

Total comes to 124k

tkin

Back to school!!

AMD FX 8350 @12K
Asus M5A99FX Pro @9k
8GB(2x4GB) Gskill RipjawsX 1600mhz CL9 @3K
HD7870CFX @32K
2TB WD Cavair Blue @6K
Asus DVDWR @ 1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @4K
Corsair TX750v2 @ 7K
3x Dell ST2240L @25K
Logtech G400+G105 @ 4k

Total ~ 105k

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare

Also another thing to mention here, you need very good CPU power to avoid bottlenecking of GPU, especially when two powerful cards like HD 7870 are paired in CF setting. Opt for a good CPU cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and overclock the CPU to 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. It will reduce the chances of bottleneck.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

The bezels drive me nuts. But then thats just me. Why not a single large 32 or 40 inch?

Fog

Broken In

he didnt mean Belgium.

I think he meant Belgaum, which is a place in Maharashtra/Karnataka not sure.

OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In

i5 3570k-14k
Gigabyte z77x-ud3h-12k
Sapphire 7950 vapor-x x 2 -44k
GSkill ripjawx 4gbx2@1600-3k
Corsair hx850-10k
Dell s2240l x 3-27k
Seagate barracuda 2tb-6k
Nzxt phantom-8k

Total comes to 124k

How about core i7 3770k or Amd fx 8350?
Why not asus mobo as they are little bit overclocking friendly?
Why not a single hd 7970?

Suggest me complete rig even ups and speakers. If total shoots over my budget ill talk with my father and will stretch the budget.

The bezels drive me nuts. But then thats just me. Why not a single large 32 or 40 inch?

Na. Want eyefinity only:-D

he didnt mean Belgium.

I think he meant Belgaum, which is a place in Maharashtra/Karnataka not sure.

Yup not Belgium. Its Belguam Karnataka:-D

AMD FX 8350 @12K
Asus M5A99FX Pro @9k
HD7870CFX @32K
2TB WD Cavair Blue @6K
Asus DVDWR @ 1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @4K
Corsair TX750v2 @ 7K
3x Dell ST2240L @25K
Logtech G400+G105 @ 4k

Total ~ 105k

Rig looks good. But want i7!!!!!

Also another thing to mention here, you need very good CPU power to avoid bottlenecking of GPU, especially when two powerful cards like HD 7870 are paired in CF setting. Opt for a good CPU cooler like Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo and overclock the CPU to 4.5 to 4.6 GHz. It will reduce the chances of bottleneck.

Yes will definately overclock.
Is EYEFINITY worth it???

rock2702

Padawan

How about core i7 3770k or Amd fx 8350?
Why not asus mobo as they are little bit overclocking friendly?
Why not a single hd 7970?

Suggest me complete rig even ups and speakers. If total shoots over my budget ill talk with my father and will stretch the budget.

If your needs are only gaming then i7 has hardly any performance benefits over an i5.If you still feel the itch,get the i7,it's around 6k more.The gigabyte board is a good performer,Asus has some RMA issues as I have seen from people's experiences.If you want an Asus get an Asus p8z77-v pro for 16k.

A single 7970 won't give u the best fps in eyefinity,also 7950 is only around 5-10% slower than a 7970 which can be overcome via overclocking.Get a CPU cooler like the noctua nh-d14 which is the best air cooler,will cost around 5k.

Regarding ups get a 1.1Kva APC ups for 5k.A good 2.1 speakers will cost you around 2.5-3k.

So your looking at around 142k,time for you to decide.

tkin

Back to school!!

i7 will add another 16k to your cost(incl mobo), and 7870cf is a lot faster than one 7970, so cost would become ~120k, if you can pay it, then:

Intel i7 3770k @19k
Asus Z77 Sabertooth @17k
HD7870CFX OR HD7970 @32K
2TB WD Cavair Blue @6K
Asus DVDWR @ 1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @4K
Corsair TX750v2 @ 7K
3x Dell ST2240L @25K
Logtech G400+G105 @ 4k
APC 1.1KVA @5k
F&D A555U 2.1 @2.5k

Total~ 125k

If you want 5.1 channel speakers Sony SRS D9 @ 5k

And by far this will be the fastest rig money can buy ATM

I'd suggest to go with 7870CF, but there may be issues, like game scaling etc, so go with 7970 if you want a pure hassle free experience.

*images.tweaktown.com/content/4/5/4597_27_amd_radeon_hd_7870_2gb_reference_video_cards_in_crossfire.png

OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In

If your needs are only gaming then i7 has hardly any performance benefits over an i5.If you still feel the itch,get the i7,it's around 6k more.The gigabyte board is a good performer,Asus has some RMA issues as I have seen from people's experiences.If you want an Asus get an Asus p8z77-v pro for 16k.

A single 7970 won't give u the best fps in eyefinity,also 7950 is only around 5-10% slower than a 7970 which can be overcome via overclocking.Get a CPU cooler like the noctua nh-d14 which is the best air cooler,will cost around 5k.

Regarding ups get a 1.1Kva APC ups for 5k.A good 2.1 speakers will cost you around 2.5-3k.

I will go with i7 only with single hd 7970.

i7 will add another 16k to your cost(incl mobo), and 7870cf is a lot faster than one 7970, so cost would become ~120k, if you can pay it, then:

Intel i7 3770k @19k
Asus Z77 Sabertooth @17k
HD7870CFX OR HD7970 @32K
2TB WD Cavair Blue @6K
Asus DVDWR @ 1K
Corsair Carbide 400R @4K
Corsair TX750v2 @ 7K
3x Dell ST2240L @25K
Logtech G400+G105 @ 4k
APC 1.1KVA @5k
F&D A555U 2.1 @2.5k

Total~ 125k

If you want 5.1 channel speakers Sony SRS D9 @ 5k

And by far this will be the fastest rig money can buy ATM

I'd suggest to go with 7870CF, but there may be issues, like game scaling etc, so go with 7970 if you want a pure hassle free experience.

*images.tweaktown.com/content/4/5/4597_27_amd_radeon_hd_7870_2gb_reference_video_cards_in_crossfire.png

As far as i7 goes im confused btwb these two....
Asus z77 Sabertooth or Asus P8Z77 v pro.
Corsair vengeance or G.Skill Ripjawsx.
Western digital or seagate barracuda.
Corsair 400r or 500r.

Rest all ill go with tkin's config.

I would say get a single big monitor and a single powerful GPU.

What type of single big monitor and a powerful GPU ull suggest. And any specific reason behind it?

tkin

Back to school!!

I will go with i7 only with single hd 7970.

As far as i7 goes im confused btwb these two....
Asus z77 Sabertooth or Asus P8Z77 v pro.
Corsair vengeance or G.Skill Ripjawsx.
Western digital or seagate barracuda.
Corsair 400r or 500r.

Rest all ill go with tkin's config.

What type of single big monitor and a powerful GPU ull suggest. And any specific reason behind it?
A. Go with sabertooth, it has the best build quality and comes with 5 yrs warranty, its the only mobo in the world that comes with 5 yrs warranty, speaks volumes about its build quality.
B. Go with Either Vengeance or RipjawsX, but RipjawsX overclocks better, if you are not going to overclock RAM you can pick vengeance as well.
C. WD, always pick WD, seagate has 1 yrs warranty and has less reliability, on WD side go with either Caviar Blue(2yrs warranty) or Caviar Black(costs a bit more but comes with 5 yrs warranty unlike all other drives and are extremely fast and reliable)
D. Cabinet is your personal choice. whichever looks better to you, as you are getting a single 7970 you ca buy any cabinet as you wish, whatever your budget permits you.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Theitdepot - Buy AOC 27inch Ultra Slim IPS LED Monitor (i2757fh) online in india
and a
Asus HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 Graphic Card

And if you still want a single big monitor get a 32/40 inch LED lit LCD panel from Samsung/Sony.

Thats how I like my game without bezels,but your choice can obviously differ from mine.

varun004

Journeyman

hey if you are interested i can build your custom rig and ship it to you. I live in bangalore and here there are some gr8 deals on hardware. Do not buy online the prices are inflated. I have build my rig and saved huge sum buying stuff from local shops.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Wont we ever suggest an SLI or Nvidia card ??!! its like we last suggested such setup in 1886 :'( they are not that bad...c'mon

Wont we ever suggest an SLI or Nvidia card ??!! its like we last suggested such setup in 1886 :'( they are not that bad...c'mon

AMD has quite a following in the forum... :p . Why does not anyone mention a 660 sli or even better a 660ti sli.... scaliing is better in SLI and microstuttering is less.
Also I read in some reviews (Linus tech tips etc) that the 660 ti sli has best efficiency when it comes to dual GPU's.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

Yes 660Sli is the sweetspot in the entry level and the 660Ti in mid end, I completely agree to that over Ati CFs.

d3p

PowerHouse

Let me share an Ugly truth about Eyenifinity..

1). You can't just use eyenifinity with just any monitors.

Eyenifinity requires a monitor which should have Display Port & non of the Dell S Series Monitor have Display Port. Or get a GPU, which comes with a mini Display Port & buy an Active Mini Display Port to VGA Converter separately, which cost just above 4.5k in india.

Read this link for more information about the eyenifinity connectivity.

<What are the basic requirements for connecting multiple displays ?>
Connecting multiple monitors for AMD Eyefinity technology couldn’t be simpler. There are four easy rules to remember:

1). The first two monitors can connect to the graphics card with any display output on your product: HDMI, VGA, DVI or DisplayPort.
2). The third (or greater) display must be connected to the graphics card via DisplayPort.
3). If your monitor does not have a DisplayPort connection, you will need an inexpensive active DisplayPort adapter for it. DVI to DP adapters can be had for less than $30 USD.

4). Every family of GPUs supports a different maximum number of displays.

2). In case you never read about bezel compensation..read the below quoted from Eyenifinity FAQ itself.

In traditional multi-monitor setups, any piece of an object moving from one monitor to the next is simply chopped off and moved, regardless of how small that piece may be. For example, a small piece of a character’s armor might reach the edge of one display, resulting in the armor appearing to “jump” crudely to the next display.

*www.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Photograph_ProductShots/RGBJPEG/bezel_example_650W.jpg

This chopping may also cause objects to become misaligned as they pass between displays. That piece of armor on the next display may be positioned higher or lower than the player would expect it to be, and that effect can compromise the immersion of the game.

Bezel compensation remedies these issues by treating the plastic frame of your displays as an object that games and applications merely pass behind. The effect is subtle, but impressive: objects are no longer interrupted by the bezel, and remain aligned when passing from one display to the next.

For a Demo, have a look at this video

[youtube]BFMgb3PBkBQ[/youtube]

So what's the Bottomline ???

Its simple. Get yourself a Decent Config to play in 1080p resolution first. If not satisfied, get yourself into eyenifinity.

Last edited:
OP
V

Vincee777

Broken In

Hi all....

Was out of station and came back yday....

So my new budget is 150k. I can add another 30k only when there is genuine need....

So any suggestion??