External Hard disk not showing in Explorer

utkarsh73

Journeyman
My external hard disk WD My Passport Essentials SE USB 3.0 1 TB is not being shown in the My Computer window. It gets detected by the OS and the notification sound for hardware plugging and unplugging can be heard, but it does not allows me to access the disk. I did the following things:-

1. Tried accessing it using cmd but following error was thrown:

*db.tt/nZslprFF

2. Next I tried it opening in the disk management. First, the disk management took a long time to open properly and appeared like this(see disk 2 at the bottom of the window):

*db.tt/eVrKPoTF

When I tried to perform any operation on the disk(except format the disk) it showed the following error:

*db.tt/kiEsM5RL

3. I tried using the partition wizard home edition and it displayed the disk as "Bad disk":

*db.tt/Amf3oSx5

4. I also tried using different cables and on different machines, even in ubuntu and got the following error in ubuntu:

*db.tt/QAsf6wz8

5. I also downloaded and installed the latest WD SES driver but to no avail.

The drive is less than a year old and has worked perfectly fine till few minutes ago the problem appeared when I copied a 200 MB video to the disk.
Is there any hope of recovering the data from the disk? Please suggest some way to recover the data.

OP
utkarsh73

utkarsh73

Journeyman
HDTune crashes as soon as I select my external drive in the drop-down menu.
It seems that the file-system has been changed to RAW. I tried recuva and easeUS data recovery but both of them were unable to do the job. Any idea on how to recover files from a RAW partition???

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
*www.tomshardware.com/forum/281213-32-recovering-files
Raw Recovery: Recover files from Raw Partitions, Hard Disk Drive, Memory card, SD Card. Raw File System Recovery Software.
Recovery from RAW disk - all files corrupted

Top Bottom