Everything about OS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi Friends,

I have so many doubts in my mind so decided to open a thread o OS...
so, i hope my queries gets resolved here....

I am using Windows XP Pro (32-Bit) Sp2
Q: I have two accounts 'Admin' & 'Limited' ? Obviously the Admin has full control over system.The Limited account cant install/delete/edit/save any apps or file..but can copy it in any drive.Now I want to know is there any way i can make that Limited user can save/edit the file. Coz some games dont run on Limited account but runs perfectly on Admin.Whats the problem?Moreover if some of them run but he cant save the game progress ?

sakumar79

Technomancer
The simplest solution is to play the game in an account with raised priviledges... But it is not necessarily the best option security-wise...

The better option is to provide access to writing on specific folders, etc for the limited account so that your games work better... Typically, you will be installing games within one subdirectory (like C:\Program Files or you may have separate folder like D:\Games). Log in to the admin account and go to the properties of this directory. Assign permission for the limited account to modify files within the folder. Now, you will be able to play the games in limited account without problem... If you still face the problem, please inform which game and what the problem is...

Arun

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The simplest solution is to play the game in an account with raised priviledges... But it is not necessarily the best option security-wise...

The better option is to provide access to writing on specific folders, etc for the limited account so that your games work better... Typically, you will be installing games within one subdirectory (like C:\Program Files or you may have separate folder like D:\Games). Log in to the admin account and go to the properties of this directory. Assign permission for the limited account to modify files within the folder. Now, you will be able to play the games in limited account without problem... If you still face the problem, please inform which game and what the problem is...

Arun

Thanx for the solution..i thought i have 2 use a 3rd party tool for this...will try it..:))

Status
Not open for further replies.