every 2-3 days my PC hangs up on the BIOS screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
Off late, every 2-3 days my PC hangs up on the BIOS screen whn i boot it.

it doesnt happen always. i normally keep the PC on for almost 11-12 hours a day.
every 2-3 days whn i switch it on in the morning it jus hangs up @ the BIOS screen.

my machine is a Pentium D 2.66GHz
512 DDR2 RAM. mobo intel 102GGC.

i do have processor over heating issues wherein the temp of the processor reaches arnd 75°C. i v never bothered to do anything abt it though.

any clues anyone :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
It is possibly due to the Processor Overheating issue... Make sure your fans are up and running and running well or get them replaced...

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i m not too sure but i dont think its a Overheating issue as it happens normally after my PC has been off for atleast 5-6 hours. u know it happens in the morning. i usually switch it off at nite (1am) and switch it on in the morning (arnd 7am). so Overheating issue?? i m not too sure again.

koi bhoot hai..lol
unplug all power chords and connect again...may be some power issues..
or may be corrupt BIOS...try flashing it once...other probable issues can be malfunctioning RAM , or lastly some burnt chip on Mobo.
Processor overheating never causes BIOS, it simply shutdowns..

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i v pulled out the power cord which comes frm the SMPS and heads to the mobo and put it back.
removed the RAM and put it in the other slot.
the PC did startup but it took ages at the BIOS screen.
if i have to flash the BIOS how do i do it? i dont have a floppy drive !! will i have to giv it to the PC fellow to be safe?

====================ADDED================
well i jus now removed the processor fan and tried starting the CPU.
all HDD removed and RAM intact.
got the following !!!
i went into BIOS and discovered that within seconds of the CPU startup the processor temperature shows as 92° C. i cant understand the reason for this.
the reason for removing the processor fan was to clean the fan and its underlying parts.

chances are that heat sink is not in full contact with the processor, but for the processor temp to raise to 92° C there is some problem somewhere!!

i had a doubt with the temp sensor so tried touching it.:( burnt my finger :(

can anyone plz throw more light on wats going on here.

thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom