Err...R & D in CPU/GPU's?

MohsinMan99

RPG Overlord
Currently studying B.E/B.Tech 3rd Year in Electronics and communications branch with an overall good percentage(Thank GOD! :) ).
I'm interested in processors/graphic cards(came about after reading Digit a lot) and from what I've gathered, I need to do an M.Tech/M.E in VLSI to begin with. I read in Digit sometime back the University of Hyd was a good place to pursue the course and of course, I'm in Hyderabad.

I'm not absolutely sure about this though. I would like to know if this is the correct course of action as I really want to join in the R & D department of companies like Intel,AMD, nVidia, etc. (I know it's supposed to be damn HARD!) but I'm not exactly sure of the course of action I need to take apart from the above M.Tech course.
It's not limited to just R & D though. I will be very happy if I can get to work with processors/gpu's or these companies so anything like that would be nice as well.

Please give some suggestions as to what courses/stuff I'm expected to know before jumping in this field/applying for a job like this. Any other directions I can take?
I'm not that great with coding(cause I never took it seriously enough) but I'm pretty good with the hardware stuff. Almost :grin:

Top Bottom