enhance ur w700i wid new acoustic driver, increased sms capacity

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Yes, you will need a proper matching Customisation pack (custpack). Its most prolly a mismatch between the Main the the Custpack. What MAIN, FS and CustPack do you use?

xia123

Right off the assembly line
:rolleyes: the main i used was W700_R1CA021_MAIN_EU_1.mbn,FS was W700_R1CA021_FS_EMEA_6_RED49.fbn.
I did it all over again, heres what i did
  • i flashed the main,refreshed,flashed fs,then opened far,changed the acoustic pack,
  • then i wanted to install the lava menu ,but the folder "system" was n't present in the W700_Carolina_i_CDA102580_103_EMEA_6 i downloaded after reading the tutorial from page 1
  • so i instead put the lava files in already present tpa/preset/system/menu
  • then i closed far,refreshed ,reopened it and flashed the plugin rest_W700_R1CA021 in flash folder.
  • now when i started the fone,the startup menu is as usual but there are no selection keys,also if i start the player using walkman button the player seems to hang,plz tell me where am i going wrong...........:rolleyes:

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
The Custpack (W700 Carolina) will not haf the system menu. You will need to flash the MAIN and FS first. Then apply the CustPack and then install the acoustic drivers. I think the order of installation is messing up the customize.xml and menu.ml. So do it in that order and report back.

xia123

but wat about the menu,can't it be changed?
or can u suggest an all in one mod pack that could change various things in the fone at once?
one more thing can't anything be done to the crappy fullscreen video playback of the fone?if h263p0vr.dat file can't be modded,is there a java app which can play a video file smoothly at fullscreen?

Last edited:
OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) Yes, it can be changed. After the order in my above post is followed, change the menu by copying the icons and menu.ml to relevant location.

2) No java app will allow that.

xia123

thanx a lot ir dude for ur kind concern 4 answering ma problems,just one more thing,can't anything be done 4 that crappy video playback

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I'm sorry bro. You gotta live with it. You can try encoding videos at various bit rates tho. Something wil surely satisfy you.

xia123

heya ir dude:cool: ,i have wasted whole day 2 fix this,so plz help me out:
i had done a lot of mess in the FS, so i tried to get the original files back in the fone ;downloaded them from your 4shared link
the problem is all the folders and files get copied but the camdriver0.dat file is n't copying,it gets stuck midway in the copyind process.plzzzzzzzzzz help me out.:confused:

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I suggest you Download a fresh copy of FAR manager and start over. If it doesn't help then start afresh by downloading files and try it on a different PC.

If all else fails, then run SEUS - Sony Ericsson Update Service. 99% of the times, it'll automatically fix things for you.

xia123

:eek: thanx dude,i downloaded the original files 4rm ur 4shared link.reflashed the main and alls been sorted.........:cool:

pyroboy1911

indian_nar said:
im a newbie to this forum and i have a W700i.i had proceeded the aove steps but Stuck at the Far managerand my phone is Dead after flashing . Whenever i opened and selected the sepf plugin .it shows the following error msg
PLUGIN CALL ERROR
EXCEPTION OCCURED EXCEPTION ADDRESS:0x 7C812A58 in module
c:prd /...\plugins\sepf.dll
THE PLUGIN WILL BE UNLOADED
and then the far manager exits.
infrared dude plz help in this regard even i patched the sefp.dll nut it doesnt works. my phone is dead now. atleast tel me the steps bring back the original config for my phone. thks

infrared dude, i have the same problem here!!

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Just find another computer. Everything will work fine :)

Regarding the firmware for your CDA try here: *www.iprotebe.cz/firmware-w700

pyroboy1911

regarding my problem posted above, i wanted to switch back to my original condition while waiting for the opportunity to use another computer. but it seems that i was unable to flash my original firmware back first.

I've solved my problem when i used XS++ V3.1

the problem is that when i used XS++ V1.2, whenever i want to use the original firmware back by using the MAIN and FS flash, it always says fail to unlock the CS-loader and will start brute forcing.

So i recommend anyone out there to get the latest XS++ here:
*forums.se-nse.net/index.php?showtopic=16338

although the functions are exactly the same, i guess there should be some improvements.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Guys a word or warning: Plz backup all your files. All the firmware files haf been taken down from 4shared.com. Dunno if someone goofed up.

Even se-nse.net has taken them down due to lack of hosting solutions! They may take time to come up with it again. So keep all the files in a safe place (btw, I may need them from you guys as I don't haf a copy!! :D So guard them well!).

Also ensure FAR Manager is working; sometimes it just doesn't work, mebbe due to problem in files or windows (yeah dunno how but windows messes up wid some files and SEPP plugin doesn't load). The only solution to this problem is reloading of windows. So once a while keep checking all the files.

OP
infra_red_dude

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey Folks, I need some help from you guys. I can't seem to find the firmware files.

Would someone be kind enough to email me the W700i R1CA021 Firmware files? I need the MAIN, FS and Cus. pack. Plz mail them to me at infra_red_dude{a.t}yahoo{d.o.t}co{dot}in

webvenky

mod to maximize

is there any mod to maximise the minimized application with the touch of a button...? are there no ways to run multiple applications like k810??

Top Bottom