Einstein proved right, again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajasekharan

Youngling
ok , lets say . . i move with the speed of light . . how do you prove that my body age less ???. . the metabolic rates will be the same ??will it ???. you dont age WRT time .cause time is just an imaginary thing or a reference . and i dont think its got any connection with ageing . cause cells in any organisms body dont work with relation to time . but with relation to environment thats around it . . am i right ???:-l

ok , i know our body cant cope up with speed of light . . am just assuming .

Last edited:

Nav11aug

In the zone
rajasekharan said:
ok , lets say . . i move with the speed of light . . how do you prove that my body age less ???. . the metabolic rates will be the same ??will it ???. you dont age WRT time .cause time is just an imaginary thing or a reference . and i dont think its got any connection with ageing . cause cells in any organisms body dont work with relation to time . but with relation to environment thats around it . . am i right ???:-l
Wrong, when you travel with the speed of light or even close to it, your bodu ages less. Everything in this space is time .Remember that. That is what Einstein's General Theory says and that is what has been proven too. This happens becuse of what happens inside the atoms themselves. Even subatomic particles stop aging.

Please see Halliday and Resnick, somewhere in the last chapters. He cites an experiment where a subatomic particle is moved 99.98% speed of c or so and the particle which is supposed to decay in 2 microseconds decays in 63.5 microsecs(mayb i screwed up the numbers, doesnt matter).

The explanation is:
In the time frame of the particle ,it has lived for 2 microseconds only, but in our time frame, it is some 60-odd microseconds.

Same way, when you travel at such high speeds, your body thinks it is just an hour or so, but infact ,you've been spending a lot of time.

And what do you think the Twin Paradox is all about?

rajasekharan

Youngling
well , i may be wrong again . . but your atoms dont say "ok , its two hours passed now , lets age " do they ?.
if my body can handle speed of light . and if the space has enough o2 , and am flying (running ) through space . you mean to say , i will age less ?...
i dont know , how they calculate time . but your cells depend on amount of o2 to live and age is it ??,
please dont mistake me . . am no biology or science student :-l

OP
blackpearl

blackpearl

The Devil
rajasekharan said:
well , i may be wrong again . . but your atoms dont say "ok , its two hours passed now , lets age " do they ?.

Yes, they do. Everything that happens at the sub atomic level depends on time. Rate of decay, rate of chemical reaction, their frequency of vibration/rotation and hence their energy. Everything is dependent on time.

Time isn't imaginary. It's the 4th dimension of the universe.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
rajasekharan said:
i dont know , how they calculate time . but your cells depend on amount of o2 to live and age is it ??,
please dont mistake me . . am no biology or science student :-l
those are the assumptions u have to make obviously:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom