EA's Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Electronic Arts announced today the launch of a new online digital distribution called EA Downloader. Using this service, players will be able to download demos, game media, patches and even full games. Players can even buy and download a game in anticipation of its release, such as with Battlefield 2: Special Forces, which will go live November 22.

well here it is , remember how gamers were irritated when half life2 was dsitributed/activated via steam. Now it's EA's turn which is already infamous for frustrating gamers in many ways, like the mandatory EA logo's before each games+ many more things
, so here comes one more .....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Still does not say if the games will be validated against the engine (as in a valid CD key and so on). If you need a login to download its fine. The irritating thing with Steam was that it always delayed my game play cos it spent ages updating itself and hence slow my whole game play down. But even Steam was circumvated so I wont be surprised if this is..

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I don't know how the EA logo is frustating. Every game has the publisher's logo on it.

This system seems something like what Fileplanet offers with paid subscriptions. Hopefully it will not function the same way that Steam did. Also, there is no info on how this will affect gamers who buy games from stores.

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@nemi , ya true that every company has its logo b4 the game , but if u hit esc key the vids skip, but not in the case of EA , u have to see the intro logos everytime . Frustrating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom