Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
N

naveen572

Broken In
@comp@addict
In my new build i want linux to be main OS.But iam a novice in Linux. I want a Mobo which supports Linux(particularly Ubuntu) right out of the box.In UbuntuHCL.org where hardware compatible with linux are mentioned.Abt 100 Mobos are mentioned.the palit board is even not mentioned there:!: Forget abt Compatibility right out of box.Also ASUS boards are Linux Friendly.So i want to go with ASUS one.Also ASUS is a top-line Manufacturer.

OP
N

naveen572

Broken In
@compaddict
Actually i also dont know reason properly But there is a problem.In another Thread "Linux 64 bit Support Mobo" started by me only
imgame2 has said like this abt compatability of Linux with mobo
{all the chipset out there support 64 bit computing both from intel and amd so thats not the point ..but linux support is very limited to few mobos ...since its open source ..sometime some mobo gives a problem with a particular linux distro or flavour ...

MSI P45 neo ...infact most of the MSI mobo couldn't install linux ...cos linux distro like Suse 11.0 and ubuntu doesn't recognise SATA drive ..so linux can't be installed on them ...same is the problem with some asus and gigabyte mobo .....hence there are limited number of mobo which run most of the linux flavour out of the box !...most of the time ...slowly the support is added for particular mobos ...
}

imgame2

Padawan
@imgame2
I saw before p35A.But no linux compatability.After reading reviews of CorsairVX 450
i tend to choose it.I think in the long run it may save extra 1100 i spend now. is Zebronics cabinet OK? or any other one u suggest. is the DVD writer in the list also reads & writes CD?

now thats an excellent choice ...i must say corsair Vx450 W is the best u can get ..i m using it along with HD4850 gfx card ...if u can go for this u will definitely save money on electricity bill ...

...and i m not such a cabby person ..but i have heard good things about zebronics bijli,krissh and antibiotics ..they are good cabinet ...don't know much about maharaja ..though ..:(

i have seen people suggest zebronics bijli ...i use pretty old zebronics elegance ...and its serving me well ...

DVD writers are superset ..which mean they can read/write -dual/single layer DVDs ...also can read write CD's ...so don't worry about them ..just make sure u buy liteon/moserbaer one and avoid sony and samsung ...ones..

OP
N

naveen572

Broken In
Thanx for reply. Now iam concerned abt UPS. whether i need 650VA one as i will connect printer and Modem too. Then it costs 3.5. I already have APC Home Appliance & lighting UPS of 800VA at home. can it be used for my PC? it is my doubt.

imgame2

Padawan
Thanx for reply. Now iam concerned abt UPS. whether i need 650VA one as i will connect printer and Modem too. Then it costs 3.5. I already have APC Home Appliance & lighting UPS of 800VA at home. can it be used for my PC? it is my doubt.

obviously if u have more components ..the VA rating of the UPS goes up

u are talking about this UPS ....????

*www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=BR800-IN&tab=models&total_watts=200

OP
N

naveen572

Broken In
No iam talking about APPLIANCE AND LIGTING UPS called as BACK-UPS HI see *www.apcc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=HI800SQ
I have heard that it can be connected to computer too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom