Dynamic IP to Static IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
I have a Dataone connection, with dynamic IP's. I need to use some software and that it specifically requires a static IP address.

Customer Care says they haven't static IP's for Home plans :(

What can I do ?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
achacko@dataone.in said:
I have a Dataone connection, with dynamic IP's. I need to use some software and that it specifically requires a static IP address.

What can I do ?

Yes, you cannot do that on Home plans. You will have to get business plans

dadhwalprince

Broken In
achacko@dataone.in said:

QUOTE]

BSNL's customer care dept. Oh my GOD can say anything ..

i want to discus one thing here , i have dataone running on my PC with Vista from last one month and i had got onr problem thn i called them up 8 times , can u imagine what those guys told me . thay said ": windows Vista doesn't support dataone "
i had told them the same but finally there is a problem with LAN card ?

slugger

Banned
you must use dynamic DNS services like DynDNS

*www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/

to be able to link dynamic IP to your computer erverytime

Last edited:

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Hmm try sluggers option, heard there was software outh there and he seems to found it. you can also set your IP addy is a Static (just remember that ISP's usually refresh their IP's every so often, so you may have to set reset the following options back to dynamic.
right click on your LAN conection, select properties, look for something that says TCP/IP select that and push propeties button it is setup for dynamic, select other radio button for Static. before you do that open a cmd window and type ipconfig /all (this will give you all the info you need to set up a static IP, should also show you when the ISP will want to refresh that IP) basically transfer approriate numbers to correct spots. provided you did it correctly you should now be runing on a static IP address! :)

slugger

Banned
satyamy said:
I am in mumbai, Have a LAN Internet Connection with Static IP
can i make it dynamic?
AFAIK, it is not possible. ur IP is like ur postal address. a static IP is like d address 2 ur permanent residence. so will ur postal addrss change if the geographical location of your house does not.
similarly dynamic ip would mean the address of ur house if you keep moving from place to place

you cud try using one of the numerous web-based proxy servers available to hide ur true IP

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
achacko@dataone.in said:
liggy, will it remain static through out the day ?
it should remain static until u set it back. I was having problems with torrents so I changed my IP to static and the only time I need to change it is when The ISP renews their IP addy for me, so I just deafult it back then make sure I'm connected, then switch it back to static.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom