.......dVoRak......

Status
Not open for further replies.

threeonethree

Journeyman
i know qwerty touch typing and my speed is upward of 60 WPM everytime i put my fingers on the keyboard.. but i think i still need to improve my typing speed to around 100+ WPM and i am thinking about learning DVORAK keyboard layout.. do you think leaving qwerty and learning dvorak will help my typing speed? how would you suggest me to learn dvorak? wont my 3-4 year use with the qwerty format be a hinderence? please help me ..

also is dvorak any better than the qwerty layout? i know a lot of things in IT much better that other inferior stuff but just dont get more limelight because of marketing reasons and stupid people who dont want to try new things.. for eg linux ...

Sykora

I see right through you.
1) Yes, your typing speed will increase if you use dvorak, but it'll take some time, as you have to unlearn your qwerty skills.

2) The best way to learn is to learn by doing - change your keyboard map to qwerty and go from there.

3) Dvorak is better from a purely typing point of view, because it has saner key positioning (letter frequency and all that)

OP
T

threeonethree

Journeyman
i read there are other newer keyboard layouts too which mayb better than dvorak.. what is currently the fastest keyboard layout that one can learn .. also one has minimises RSI and has less typing mistakes .. as well as which is easiest to use for a programmer.. ( < > { } etc should be typed easily)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom