DVD writing problem in OpenSuSE 10.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
Hey

I am loosing the control now. I have already wasted 5 DVDs with this.

Whenever I write a data DVD in k3b (latest stable version), the process fails while flushing the cache. The writing is 100% finished by the time the cache is being flushed, but the process fails. And if I try to read/play the files on the DVD, at least one of the files cannot be accessed (I think the one written at the end of the track).

Please people help me. I am desperate with this one. Have no free space on the HDD and want to remove data after taking backup.

Aditya

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I think someone did post a similar problem like this one with K3B. He/she had to move the cache folder to a different location due to permissions required in writing/reading/whatsoever of the default location. Once he changed the location to some place new and within the rights of the user account it went well for him. Am not entirely sure of it though, but have you added K3B to the permissions list?

Oh wait, you got no free space on HDD? Maybe that's the issue?

Last edited:
OP
aditya.shevade

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
I have about 6GBs free in my root partition and about 4GB in my home partition. But I need about 8GB free in my home partition and that is why I am trying to remove the files and make space.

By the way, I will try changing the location of the cache folder, but this problem was not there before. So I don't think it might make a difference.

Aditya

cynosure

UbuntuUser
@Qwerty: I am that User :p. Actuall my scenario was different. I could not burn a DVD (My process never went past 2%) because my user did not had the permission to make an image in the default folder. I added the permission and it made the image and everything started burning.

@Aditya: A small window pops up when you start k3b, it should show that "There was no problem with the system configuration.". Does it show this text or it shows some other warning? Check this.
And change the location to somewhere in /. Maybe /tmp can help as it already has the permission to read/write/execute for all users.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
Try changing the location to /tmp. And then see.
And dont burn but simulate. k3b will ask for a DVD but will switch off the laser so that no data will be written on the DVD.
If there is no error with simulation then your DVD should burn smoothly.

Also try posting your answer in kde forums. Those guys can definately help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom