DVD Writer shown as CD drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitskale

Broken In
Hi Guys,

I am facing a peculiar problem. Whenever I insert one of my dvds in the dvd writer (LG GSA-H55N) the drive appears as CD-R drive in windows explorer and contents of the dvds are not shown at all. When I checked the properties of this CD drive in windows explorer it shows its type as CD Drive with file system as RAW and 0 capacity.

Has anybody faced the similar issue? I have done the firmware update to no avail. The issue is coming only in case of few dvds and not all.

Pls help...!! Thx in advance.

Regards,
Amit.

suniltr77

Broken In
In my friend's computer when he added an DVD writer (preveously he has a combo only)There shows no optical drive.When we detach either of the drive it again shows the drive attached. We tried to enable all the IDE connections and done what we could have, in the BIOS, but finally could able to show up only one drive. It is an 965board with core 2 duo.Can anybody suggest what to be done?

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
There must a driver problem with the new drive. Please state the drive make and model and the OS your friend is using.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think this is a sign of imminent failure of the drive itself..thats the way it is with dirt cheap optical drives these days...to cut cost they use cheap quality components

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom