DVD writer problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
I have a HP laptop (pavilion dv6502au).. bought it around 1 and half years back... Now i am facing problem with my dvd writer... It just cant write to dvds or the cds... it just goes till 30-40% and then it says Unrecognized burner or some thing like it... I tried the writer with nero... roxio.... windows writing thing and in win xp... vista and windows 7 beta... But the problem persists... i think my writer has gone kaput... so what will be the price of new one form HP... also is the dvd writer available outside HP and for what price... Please reply soon....

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
If its saying unrecognized Media you might want to try something else and at very low write speeds before you actually buy a new drive. I'm not sure its the problem but its worth a check.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
You still answer the question- the dvd drive is it using sata or ide cable? If you dont know mention the model number of the dvd drive. You should get it under device manager or on the product's manual
See it depends on the disk as well. Even the moser baer ones we get are tier-2-3 quality. Try writing it on 4x or 8x. If it doesnt work try with cdburner xp.
Out of curiosity, did you install internet explorer 8.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I think you should clean the lens of your DVD drive using a lens cleaner CD and also try to write at lower speeds.

BTW a new HP dvd writer will cost about 4000 bucks.

OP
latino_ansari

latino_ansari

Legendary Darknight
guys its a laptop dvd writer... dont know if its ide or sata... i tried other burners too and in seperate windows.... even reinstalled XP and tried.... but nothing....

Don't u think rs.4000 for a dvd writer is too much....
cant i buy a dvd writer from somewhre else...

and i did not install IE8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom