DVD WRITER or NERO 8????

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
Hello Guys. I use LG DVD writer to write DVDs with Nero 8 in Windows 7. The writer is 1.5 year old.Recently i have problem with dvd writing, i.e when i try to burn dvds, the dvd write successfully, means Dvd burns Successfully with nero 8. But when try to copy the written files from DVD to Hard disk, the file doesnt copy. It Copies upto half way and stops. I get the error as "can't read source file or disk". What may be the problem?
Blank DVD i use is NATIONAL. The dvds are proper. Dont know whether it is a problem of Nero 8 or My DVD writer.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@PaiGirish, try use a different burning software. once you written data to a disc, try copy it to your PC as well as friends PC. also try copy a disc prepared in friends place or say Digit DVD.

OP
IronCruz

IronCruz

ICE COOOOL!!!
r u copying the DVDs onto ur HDD using the same writer in which u burnt?

Yes...I do.

@PaiGirish, try use a different burning software. once you written data to a disc, try copy it to your PC as well as friends PC. also try copy a disc prepared in friends place or say Digit DVD.

Plz do mention some burning Softs. I tried to copy it in my PC, but didnt work. Dont know about others PC.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
First of, don't use cheap dvd like national and other crap brands. Get sony or other better reputed brands. Secondly, clean your dvd writer lens with a good lens cleaner cd.
I still use nero6 to burn dvd's and i burn only on dvd+r @4x

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@PaiGirish, use any of these:

Ashampoo Burning Studio 2010 Advanced
Burn4Free
BurnAware Free
CDBurnerXP
FinalBurner Free

links not provided. goggle for a minute & you'll find the links.

sukesh1090

Adam young
pai girish checked the burned dvd in my pc,in mine also its not copying so i think it is the problem with nero 8 or dvd.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a option called Verification or Verify written Data - enable that option while writing the disc and see the software shows up any error while verifying the disc.

Alternatively you can use imgburn and it's also has the same option to verify disc.

Top Bottom