DVD writer doesn't read CDs well

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I have a DVD writer I got with compaq presario SR1931IL bought 3rd week of september 2006. Its name is GSA-H20L which indicates LG. It reads and writes DVDs well (very well). But the probability of reading CDs kept going down week by week. DVDs still work very well. The problem started after firmware update on compaq drivers site. It could be a co-incidence and I don't know how to undo the update. I tried the following
1. Using the CDs on other computers and they work fine.
2. Using brand new CDs. No use
3. Trying to use bootable CDs provided by compaq to check if its readable. No use
4. Using Fedore Core 6 to check it. No use
5. In BIOS everything all settings are auto for this drive and BIOS calls it a CD drive. ( a CD drive which writes DVDs but cant read CDs )
Amazingle original Windows XP Pro SP2 integrated (the whole CD has a hologram) and it works fine.

I forgot to mention what I meant by not reading. When I insert a CD , I get the mouse pointer (indicating a CD inserted ) and when I check properties after it settles down it shows CD with 0 used space and 0 free space and the explorer opens the CD as if its a blank folder.

Last edited:

CA50

Cyborg Agent
U will get it on lgindia.com. Alt u can install LG ogg update it will help. I did mine , i have got GSA-H12N:

OP
adithyagenius

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I didn't find them in lgindia. today evening a HP engineer came and took the faulty drive and gave me ATAPI DH16AYH. I want to know if it can read dual layer DVDs. Which issue of Digit had dual layer?

CA50

Cyborg Agent
adithyagenius said:
I didn't find them in lgindia. today evening a HP engineer came and took the faulty drive and gave me ATAPI DH16AYH. I want to know if it can read dual layer DVDs. Which issue of Digit had dual layer?

Oops pal the actual address is "*in.lgservice.com/index_b2c.jsp" go to device driver> page 2> theres urs solution.
:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom