DVD video

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I just have taken Yamaha home theatre and i am enjoying great sound effects from it.
i had some video files in avi format and when i try to write in DVD video format, i am not able to do it in different softwares. I tried to write it in Nero vision in vista, when i add files, it get automatically closed. When i tried to write it in K3b in ubuntu, it asks for VOB files, which means i need to convert it in DVD video format. But if i convert it in DVD video format, i am able to write only one movie to it. is there any option to write DVD video with avi files. Is there any software to write DVD video for surroud sound effects and dolby digital effects.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
^^Ya, you can do with Nero StartSmart.

Make a Data DVD (ya, you read that right!) and fill the DVD to brim with movies and burn it :D.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
But I think he wants it in DVD format, having chapters, menu etc.
Though maximum DVD players are able to read avi files, "that" DVD feeling is not present:rolleyes:

OP
maddy_in65

maddy_in65

Journeyman
yes currently i write it in data format but it doesnt gives me Dolby effects as it require AC3 5.1 audio format.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
yes currently i write it in data format but it doesnt gives me Dolby effects as it require AC3 5.1 audio format.

For that effect ur video file should have AC3 5.1 audio format. Writing a stereo avi file in DVd format would do nothing to the audio or video.

If ur source is TPB/or Rapidshare try to get the DVD 5 or DVD9 discs, they have dolby sounds and will have DVD menu format too(I think so)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If some video files downloaded from torrents, do they DVD5 or DVD9 rip?

My theory (didn't research on truth, just on observation)........
If the movie is of 1.5 hrs and size is >=800MB, its a stereo
If the movie is of 1.5 hrs and size is >=1400MB, chance is it has 5.1 but there may also be a use of less compression.

B/w wen u d/l, the torrent description pretty much clearly says, if its 5.1, AC3 or watever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom