DVD to AVI/divx?? PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatesh

Broken In
hello every1!

i own large cllection of bollywood / tamil/marathi dvd titles.( all of these are legally purchased and not pirated / theatre prints.)

as i m running out of space , i wanto convert all collection to avi/divx wuthout considerable quality loss.

is there any FREE /OPEN SOURCE software to do this?

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
as i m running out of space , i wanto convert all collection to avi/divx wuthout considerable quality loss.

AutoGK + DVD Decrypter :D both are free :D take a look at this guide :)

*www.chotocheeta.com/2007/08/22/how-to-make-700-mb-or-14-gb-1-cd-or-2-cd-dvd-rip/

:) if u have any CRT display with 17" screen :p 700 MB RiP with 640 resolution would b fine :) if u have bigger than that :p then chose 720 resolution with 1400 MB as size :)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Dr.DivX 2 OSS is a free open source program that is "officially the unofficial DivX encoding tool to create DivX Media Format files for playback on DivX hardware and software players. "
"Generates DivX files which are playable on DivX certified players: Since Dr. DivX respects DivX certification constraints, all files generated by the application are guaranteed to playback on DivX certified hardware players."

You may try both AutoGK and Dr. Divx 2 OSS before deciding which way to go.Finally it will depend on your personal choice. So do experiment before going one way or the other. And do post a short review why you prefer one over the other for the benefit of all.:)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
ya, you can download the latest version of SimpleDivx 1.40.25 from here *www.simpledivx.org/main/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=29&func=select&id=2

Since you are keen on a "one-click" solution, nothing can be better than Dr.DivX.As illustrated in the tutorial, just drag and drop all the Vobs together, select the audio track, select the subtitle,select "constrain to 1 file of 700 MB size" and click on encode (your first click). When it takes you to the batch window, just click on the "resume" button (your second click) and that's about it.

Dr. DivX is a 4.08 MB download. AutoGK 8.81MB and Simple DivX 11.83MB.Try all for one conversion. No harm and you will learn a lot.

Good luck.:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom