dvd-r or dvd+r media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

casual_gamer

In the zone
I bought 10 sony dvd-r discs. Later i found from the net that dvd+r is the best format and it will also last longer. I read stuff like 33% of the data is unprotected in Dvd-r and few other negative things from *adterrasperaspera.com/blog/2006/10/30/how-to-choose-cddvd-archival-media/ . I want to write games, softwares and movies onto these dvds. Shall i go ahead and burn with dvd-r's or should i buy dvd+r's? kindly advice, thanks in advance.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
See i have had been using -R from almost last 2 yrs, some good quality and some other cheap ones. I have lost some chunks of data on the cheap DVDs in about an year but the good quality ones are goin and they are goin strong.

So my advice to u is to use the format which is most compatible with ur Writer. Just try both of these, +R n -R and diffrent brands. Then write it and do a disk quality check by Nero speed(There are others too like Kprobe etc, bt i find this one quite good)
BTW Sony are quite good as compared to other medias available in India in their price band.

And fo me Sony DVD+R with media code D21 has been the best with my writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom