dvd clarity on vcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well for my question i want to know if there is any software other than Virtual dub that converts divx and other codec requiring format movies into standard vcd format with a little less suffering in the quality.as i had bought a vcd of koi mil gaya and it was on Sadaf Print which was as far as i can say one of the best DVD rip to vcd formatted disc i have ever seen it was exactly almost the same clarity and colour format and the sound was as far i can say clearly dolby digital ( well I mean close to a dvd but not exact DVD Clarity)it was as if it was recorded directly from the dvd itself and taken on a vcd.if any of u guys have an idea in making such vcd's please let me know of the software and how to use it.This specially goes for the downloaded divx movies.ok thank you.

theraven

Technomancer
tmpgenc
dude... search a lil on the forum before posting yaar
rather all the steps are as follows ( this is how i do it)
step 1: use smart ripper or a similar program to rip the DVD vob files on ur hdd
ull need 4.6 - 5 gb of space for this
step 2: next i used dvd2avi to create a project file
downsample the audio to 41000hz and save the project file (.d2v)
also save the sound file as either wav or mp3 ( wav will take up more space ofcourse)
step 3: open tmpenc
select the d2v file for video source
select the wav/mp3 file for audio
and click next
select source range and select have the movie for end point ... cuz ull have to split the movie into 2 vcds ...
confirm ... then in advanced ... there will be an option in the second tab to "keep aspect ratio"
select this ...
confirm click next
it'll show u whether ur file will fit on a cd or no ... thru a bar graph
click next and select where to save the file (.mpg)
repeat the step 3 ... now in source range select the frame u ended with previously .. and end frame let it be as "-1"
again "keep aspect ratio"
and follow the procedure as above
PS: in the last window where u select where to save the file ... there will be an option to start encoding immediately ... or create another project for batch encoding
after doing it the first time .. create another project for batch encoding. .. when ur done with the second part of the movie ... select encode now ...
after this release all u r cpu load .. sit back ... an wait for it to happen
step 4: use software like nero to create a VCD
just drag and drop the file
and burn ... DONE !!
enjoy

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Garbage IN Garbage OUT.........Divx movies or avi's in general are compressed like hell so dont expect dvd quality outta it. Then again VCD is a low resolution or a poor video format. The sound can't be dolby digital either .........cuz VCD 2.0 supports stereo at the most. Dolby surround is possible i think. If however u can rip the dvds to vcd then u'll get the most optimal output for picture as well as sound.

theraven

Technomancer
thats what i said !!!!
well hehe .. almost
the video stays good quality ...
its the sound thats ... well ... inoptimum !

devianthulk

Broken In
You can also try out softwares Like : -

1 > Dr. DIVX ( trialware)
2 > DVDx
3 > DVD2AVI

I use the above softwares.

There is a huge list of DVD ripping and encoding softs at
*dvd.box.sk/ [color=red]ASTALAVISTA ROCKS !!!!![/color]

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
thank you all so much for all your help and yeah theraven searching the forum a lil are u sure its a lil caus eit seems so huge to find every detailed stuff but dont worry will take ur advice the next time thanks for ur guide plzz do let me know of any other good sites and yeah thanks for ur site recommm devianthehulk really helped me a lot.

theraven

Technomancer
not a problem man ..
u got ur solution ;)
@devianthulk
that links illegal i think ... so take it off ...

khandu

In the zone
yeah conversion is easy for dvd to vcd.. tmpeg / autogordian knot / dr divx etc.. many r there..

TheDevil

Right off the assembly line
The new Dr DivX 5.2 does the trick
1)Just copy the .vobs into ur HDD if its a pirated DVD or use SmartRipper to rip the DVD's if its a copyright DVD
2)Open it with the new Dr.Divx 5.2 adjust it to the size n settings of ur choice and then encode

rakee

Journeyman
Ok ppl..i have my LG dvd/cd-rw combo drive.I buy a very few dvd movies.One of my friend have lumpsome of good dvd pictures.I will borrow from him and what i want to do is to convert all the movies from the dvd's to divx format,so i can single cd movies with good quality of sound and clarity.But Dr.Divx,virtual dubber,1click dvd ripper..these all are very slow.For one movie i have to wait for nearly 1 hour.Is there any other software or suggestions you can tell me to rip the dvd to divx in a jiffy!!!:eek:)

theraven

Technomancer
almost the same time as dvd to vcd im afraid
u see the procedure i mentioned in my first post in this thread ?
well u just stop at dvd2avi and do a SAVE AVI from there
or for such conversions id prefer using virtual dub
after ripping use virtual dub
select the codec u wanna use (divx 3,4,5,xvid etc)
and click encode and leave ur comp alone till its done ;)

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
one more question guys is there anyway that i can get the subtitles encoded into the movie i have downloaded quite a few of them over the internet and how to create interactive menu's using nero i just know how to add the menu picutre thats all how can i get it to play particular scene or song in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom