DVD audio volume too low

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberpyrate

Broken In
Hi guys i have a weird problem

I tried playing a DVD and the audio volume was very low i tried to crank up the volume to max with my speakers.The dialouges of the movie were still inaudible and the sound effects,background music was way TOO LOUD.

i tried some softwares to crank p the audio to 200% but still the speech was very soft.is there no way to fix this and enhance the spoken word?

kl_ravi

Journeyman
To answer this i need little more information.

1) Which Software are you using to play DVD movies; Power DVD ? Win DVD ? or others ?

2) Describe your speaker & sound card. Whether it is 2:1, 4:1, 5:1 or 7:1 output.

Because some DVD's will have speech in center speaker music in Rear L & R , and sound effects in Front L & R along with Subwoofer. Try playing the movie in Mono or Stereo settings instead of Dolby Surround and let us know the results.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
Thanks I was facing same problem. I think above tip should work.. i wiill let you know after trying.

OP
C

cyberpyrate

Broken In
1) I use power DVD but i have tried win media player with this one too.

2)I have 2.1 creative speakers with in-built sound card (ac 97)

3)i have noticed that i am having problems only with DVDs and not with avi files

also i have heard that there is some equalizer setting to fix? this?

thanks

amolsarode

Broken In
Try the following:

Install Klite Mega codec pack, and then
Go to start menu --> Klite mega codec pack -->tools --> codec options

Then, there you will find one option " Boost AC3 volume "

Enable it and then play the movie.

Bye

Amol Sarode

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
ya it happens to me to every dvd. also facing problem when playing on my dvd player- philips dvp642k. any solution for dvd player (philips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom