Dual Core Confusion!!!!

WHICH IS YOUR PREFERRED DUAL CORE DROID????

• Sony Xperia U

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Sony Xperia Sola

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony Xperia P ( upcoming )

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 ( upcoming )

• Samsung Galaxy S Advance

• Motorola Atrix 2

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • HTC Sensation

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • LG Optimus 2X

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
i wanted to know people's views regarding the sudden rise of affordable dual core droids like the

SONY XPERIA U,
SONY XPERIA SOLA,
SONY XPERIA P
,LG OPTIMUS 2X
,SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE 2,
SAMSUNG GALAXY S ADVANCE,
MOTO ATRIX 2
AND even the HTC SENSATION!!!

Which is dbest according to all of you no intentions of buying one i just wanted to know which do you think is bang for the buck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

clmlbx

Technomancer
You have added mobiles from various ranges(various prices)

you can't actually compete 10K phone to 20K.. an example.. at what price you want and what is the definition of best for you.. I mean

different people gives priority to different things and then they consider what is best for them ..Like camera, screen, performance. utilization, multimedia.. music..

Vignesh B

Youngling
Samsung Galaxy S II. Oh it is not there in the list :p
Then, HTC Sensation!
Like others have said the list should contain more equally priced models, not so much variation..

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@OP: whatever Dual-Core phone u buy just make sure battery is in proportion with the chip...I mean don't get a low battery dual-core such as Xperia U

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Xperia U has a dual core chipset which is quite energy efficient. So even with a lower capacity battery, its battery life isn't worse than others. Check out user reviews !

aroraanant

Explorer
HTC Sensation is the best option.
I have bought it for my friend and will most probably get it by tomorrow, so I will try to tell you more about the same after that :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
HTC Sensation is the best option.
I have bought it for my friend and will most probably get it by tomorrow, so I will try to tell you more about the same after that :)

Vanilla Sensation is not really very good... What makes it an excellent device is some superb developer support on XDA... Flash an ICS AOKP ROM and that phone will be a rocket...

The best measure of how good a phone is, is the community support it is getting... Galaxy S2 and HTC Sensation rank very high in developer support...

OP
cacklebolt

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
Well if u all r not updated the sensation retails for around 24k which is the same price as the estimated price of xperia p...
acc. to me the xperia sola is the most VFM of the current crop but that may soon change after the arrival of samsung galaxy ace 2... and the prices arent that different...only the xperia u retails for less...but thst is bcoz it has only 4 gb storage...!!!

X-jo

Broken In
stock Sensation sucks at battery life.. my friends have em, and they carry their charger all the time(if you are a texter/browser/instagram user etc. Atrix has good reviews but some have bad experience with service center.

red dragon

Master troll
Atrix 2 indeed is a far better phone than Sensation.
If you think Sensation is bad with stock ROM,let me assure you,it is garbage when it comes to battery life on AOKP ROMs(fast but useless for all practical purpose)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
stock Sensation sucks at battery life.. my friends have em, and they carry their charger all the time(if you are a texter/browser/instagram user etc. Atrix has good reviews but some have bad experience with service center.

Yes, stock Sensation sucks... But there are so many awesome ROMs... OpenSensation, InsertCoin Evolution, Virtuous Inquisition -- Sensation Android Development - xda-developers

red dragon

Master troll
Battery life sucks in most if not all of them!Because the kernel development has not gone much beyond infancy for almost all htc's androids.
Photoshopped stock or AOSP or AOKP ROMs are never really battery friendly.
Without undervolting or under clocking nothing much can be done with the battery life as Android is never optimized in htc's phones,Sense just adds further load.
Sony is probably the only manufacturer who is keeping a fine balance between performance and battery life with some clever under clocking of the gpus in their latest offerings.

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Atrix 2 indeed is a far better phone than Sensation.
If you think Sensation is bad with stock ROM,let me assure you,it is garbage when it comes to battery life on AOKP ROMs(fast but useless for all practical purpose)

I have never used a Sensation, so I can't really tell... But my Optimus One easily lasts 12 hours on heavy use... And 36 hours with light use...

Battery life sucks in most if not all of them!Because the kernel development has not gone much beyond infancy for almost all htc's androids.
Photoshopped stock or AOSP or AOKP ROMs are never really battery friendly.
Without undervolting or under clocking nothing much can be done with the battery life as Android is never optimized in htc's phones,Sense just adds further load.
Sony is probably the only manufacturer who is keeping a fine balance between performance and battery life with some clever under clocking of the gpus in their latest offerings.

Is the problem because of HTCs locked bootloaders? Samsung almost always ships with unlocked bootloaders, and its phones are developer friendly...

----------------------------
Check out thread -- *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1500519

Decent battery life...

Last edited:

ujjwal321

Journeyman
ace 2 should be a best seller if it priced similar to ace last year.. it is not even an upgrade it is a complete overhaul..

aroraanant

Explorer
I have got the Sensation which I bough it for my friend.
Look wise the phone is awesome.
In other aspects it wass similar to my Incredible S, didn't got much time to play with it as my friend took it from me very soon and then left for a family trip.

mitraark

Decrepit
Although Sensation is a good phone it does not make sense to go for it just because it is cheaper now ... it's an old model , and battery life is reportedly very poor.

I voted for Motorola Atrix 2 because it is very powerful and the only complaint about it is its Servicing :( Is it that bad , can't i get a single proper service center in a metropolitan city ?

Top Bottom