Dual Channel Vs. Single Channel

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
Heyo Friends! I am planning to combine the 2GB RAM of my laptop with another 2GB RAM of same brand and specifications. All because of hearing about Dual Channel Memory Architecture. I have heard that it doubles the quickness and performance of the computer. Is it true?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Highly probable that the laptop takes single channel OR dual channel not both.

Yes, the throughput goes up. But not double.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - if you are getting 2GB more ram with current 2GB then I would suggest you to use Win 7 x64 version for improved performance ;-)

OP
TechPlex

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
@ OP - if you are getting 2GB more ram with current 2GB then I would suggest you to use Win 7 x64 version for improved performance ;-)

Yes, of course! Since 4 GB is the liit in 32 Bit Win 7. Now I will have to download one.

D

Deleted member 118788

Never Download Pirated Stuffs. Go OpenSource. :x

HailStonE

Broken In
he performance ill not improve considerably (ads in double) but you would notice increased responsiveness in lieu of larger memory. Anyway most laptops cannot fully take advantage of dual channel memory 'coz of limitations of other hardware parts such as slow HDD & onboard graphics..

Nevertheless its good to have more memory... :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ TechPlex - you better get windows 7 x64 home premium edition and the price should be around ~5.8k.

Top Bottom