Driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
hi guys my old system is running with an agp gfs 6600-8x 256mb card now today i reinstalled da os and i dont have the driver for my card i searched for it in the net but could not find the excat vopy .... the one i can find is of GeForce 6600 if i install that will it be compatiable ? .... if not can u guys suggest me something

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
*us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/185.85/185.85_desktop_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe :|

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Expanding a bit on ico's reply: you don't need a driver specifically for your gfx card. NVidia has what are called "unified drivers" which are common to a wide range of gfx cards in the same series.

In fact, the driver provided by the manufacturer of your gfx card is just a copy of NVidia's unified driver. The driver provided for download from the NVidia website is always the latest version and will be much newer (and faster) than the one that came with the card.

If you want to find out for yourself, go to *www.nvidia.com, then to the "Download drivers" page. You will be presented with the option to choose your GPU series (GeForce 6 series in your case) and your OS. This will lead you to the download page.

OP
MR.MOUSTACHE

MR.MOUSTACHE

THE SIMPLE MAN
Expanding a bit on ico's reply: you don't need a driver specifically for your gfx card. NVidia has what are called "unified drivers" which are common to a wide range of gfx cards in the same series.

In fact, the driver provided by the manufacturer of your gfx card is just a copy of NVidia's unified driver. The driver provided for download from the NVidia website is always the latest version and will be much newer (and faster) than the one that came with the card.

If you want to find out for yourself, go to *www.nvidia.com, then to the "Download drivers" page. You will be presented with the option to choose your GPU series (GeForce 6 series in your case) and your OS. This will lead you to the download page.

so does that mean that i can install any of drive for my gfx card ?

mittyr

silentFOX
@MR.MOUSTACHE

Yes. Just make sure its for "GeForce 6-Series" as "pimpom" mentioned.

OR

If your not still sure of it, go to this page. Do the auto search option.

Code:
*www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

*hosting02.imagecross.com/image-hosting-13/6995untitled.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
In simple words, there is only one driver setup for nVidia cards, of which I've provided the link. :|

*us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/185.85/185.85_desktop_winxp_32bit_english_whql.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom