Downloader that wont currupt files during power cuts..

mdp

Journeyman
I want a free download manager, which will resume file download after power cuts and will not resume from start.

currently I am fed up of power cuts in my area. files are getting corrupted and I have to start downloading files from start, after downloading hundreds of MB's.

please suggest any powerful freeware.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
This Download Free Download Manager 3.9.1 Build 1261 Beta / 3.9 Build 1249 Free - A full featured downloading program - Softpedia

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
Free download manager is a good one with resume option. But it won't help you if the system powers down unexpectedly during power cuts. I lost a few downloads and had to download fresh.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
+1 for Internet Download Manager(IDM)
Not Freeware.but worth to buy it as IDM has awesome resume capability(if server allow).

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
Its my personal experience last month Downloading 12 GB file with Free download manager(tried because freeware)but its fail to resume next day.:-(
Again i tried to redownload that file(morning) downloaded ~300MB then resume (evening)again failed. :-?

After that i tried same file with IDM its never fail to resume my download.
(download started date:13june end date:3july) :-D

clmlbx

Technomancer
use whatever it suits you:p:wink:.. Well for me, am using FDM from years and it has never failed me.. but I use t occasionally or much better to say rarely as I mostly download from torrents.

Last edited:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
I understand your plight because I had similar corrupted download experiences with many many download managers including those mentioned above.

And the best solution is in open source wget. It is command line but very simple to use. Try it and you will always live happily ever after.

:)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I want a free download manager, which will resume file download after power cuts and will not resume from start.

Firstly, a download manager is as good in continuing your downloads, as long as the source supports resuming. (Download manager usually shows you if the link support resuming of download or not.)
Secondly, there is something called UPS which is a must for every PC, so as to protect it against spikes and also to provide it a graceful shutdown in case of a power cut.
It's really a must.

Thirdly, FDM and IDM are both good. Select them as per your choice.

luce

Right off the assembly line
If you use Internet Explorer as preferred browser then " Orbit Downloader " will be best as it will also provide download option for any streaming content. It also works with other browsers but not give download options for streaming contents. It's 100% free & reputed download manager. Here is the link :
Code:
*www.filehippo.com/download_orbit_downloader/

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
I dont know why you havent brought a ups when u live in a powercut area(or do u have?).

Download can be resumed (like mediafire and paid sharing sites) or cant be resumed (like 4shared and many unpaid subscriptions of sharing sites).if the download is resume supported u can obviously resume it but ive noticed that even in most of the resume supported downloads, after you pause the download and shut down the comp,then restart and it wont work.dunno why.and we have to download from the begginning:(.'J downloader' is an exellent app to download files when u use filesharing sites such as letitbit etc.for other downloads FDM and Orbit downloder are good.there's the free trial versi￾0￾10￾6§82n of 'internet download manager' which is the best iue used.

comrade

foreign return(0)
I trust jdownloader for my downloads. Never got a corrupted download until now.
The best part is you don't need to open download page(filesharing sites) for download link. It can parse links for you.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Firstly you can't resume from download sites because they have expiry time after that time server will refuse connections from your computer.If you want to download large file best bet is torrent.
If you want a download manager that will not corrupt download look no futher than gigaget it has MD5 integrity checking so you will not get any single corrupt download.

Sukhvinder789

Broken In
There are many out there, I have used Flashget, Orbit, FDM...
But then I downloaded pirated version of IDM and it rocks .. ( Note : I am not promoting piracy^^) :p

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^Thanx for the 'gigaget'suggestion.will check out that today.however u cant do anything if the download has no resume support.

Minion

Conversation Architect
^Thanx for the 'gigaget'suggestion.will check out that today.however u cant do anything if the download has no resume support.

You need flashgot extension for firefox to integrate gigaget with firefox.yes its true you can't do anything if download has no resume support here torrent come to play they will allow you to download anything and you can pause and resume easily for days.

Top Bottom