Downgrading Windows OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Cruge

Broken In
Hallo...
I have a few query.If My computer have Windows Vista installed and I want to downgrade it and install XP completely removing Vista.Is it possible?

I think it is possible.And what I have to do is to format all the partitions using Vista bootable DVD and exit and next time install XP and create all the partitions.Is it possible?

If I use XP bootable CD, would it be able to format all the partitions and remove vista and install XP?

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Hallo...
I have a few query.If My computer have Windows Vista installed and I want to downgrade it and install XP completely removing Vista.Is it possible?
Yes Its possible, you are not the first one, almost every1 do it.

I think it is possible.And what I have to do is to format all the partitions using Vista bootable DVD and exit and next time install XP and create all the partitions.Is it possible?

If I use XP bootable CD, would it be able to format all the partitions and remove vista and install XP?
You can format using XP CD or MegaISO. no need to boot first with Vista DVD.

I suggest better get yourself Acronis Disk Director and make its Bootable CD, Boot from it , choose Manual and do that easily.

> While reformatting, do backup your valuable data on other harddisk.
> While installing XP you should have all drivers handy, so if you dont have download them first from the Manufacturers website.

Takecare :idea:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
*www.chotocheeta.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/vista_downgrade_banner.jpg

*www.chotocheeta.com/2008/07/14/windows-vista-downgrade-rights-to-keep-windows-xp-alive/

One can only downgrade if you have Windows Vista Business / Ultimate else one has to buy another copy of Windows XP for downgrade !!!

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom