"Downgrading" Vista to XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Is there any method of installing XP over Vista without having to re-install all applications?

Details and/or a link would be appreciated.

Ecko

Wandering In Tecno Land
You can't downgrade to XP but you can do a new installation of XP without Vista*files.myopera.com/Tamil/Smilies/Danger.gif

jayavardhanarao

Broken In
Yes, you can down grade to XP with out formatting. There is one software which allows us but i cant remember the name of that please wait i will verify and give u the details

paroh

Padawan
Yes, you can down grade to XP with out formatting. There is one software which allows us but i cant remember the name of that please wait i will verify and give u the details

As it is not possible to down grade the version from higher to lower.
so i recommend u to install fresh copy of os and install fresh installation of application

U can never install a Different OS over an existing one.. XP and Vista are entirely diff things. Either you have to format the existing Vista or let it be like that and Install XP in a different hard drive (partition).

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@Alok4best, Vista offers you the option to upgrade an existing install of XP, migrating you to the newer OS whilst maintaining all files and applications. So I was actually wondering if there was a similar procedure I could follow to downgrade to XP.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I think there was a tutorial in digit regarding this? Anyways I had seen many tutorials on the web for downgrading.Perhaps a Google Search may Help?

axxo

99.9% Idle
I would always suggest a fresh installation over a upgrade/downgrade. Anyway welcome back to Xp you made the right decision. ;)

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
@axxo, no kidding man. I've totally given up on Vista.

@Conqueror, I googled it before starting this thread. No solid answers.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Perhaps this would help
*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2287685,00.asp
OR
*www.windowsvistaweblog.com/2008/02/09/a-tool-to-downgrade-vista-to-xp/
I would suggest a clean install would be much Better.

bmiojesh

Right off the assembly line
sorry, no way other side stick with vista it's more secqure than xp.

applications

winamp v5.5
internet download manager

PORTABLE MEDIA PLAYERS

SANDISK SANSA E200

OFFLINE BACKUP MEDIA

KINGSTONE DATA TRAVELLER 4 GB

Last edited:
OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Perhaps this would help
*www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2287685,00.asp
OR
*www.windowsvistaweblog.com/2008/02/09/a-tool-to-downgrade-vista-to-xp/
I would suggest a clean install would be much Better.

Thanks, but I had already read those articles. The PCMAG one requires re-installation of a all applications thus defeating the purpose of a downgrade.

The other one is only for NEC PCs.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Thanks, but I had already read those articles. The PCMAG one requires re-installation of a all applications thus defeating the purpose of a downgrade.

The other one is only for NEC PCs.
Can you Tell me the Reason of your downgrade?
If you were on Vista for more than 3-4 months and have decided to downgrade if it has become slow Then You better -
1.Defragment the HDD
2.Clean the Registry
3.Clean Temporary Files
4.Defragment the Registry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom