Doubt related to Partition...

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hi Guys!

I have a 80 GB HDD with three partitions of approx 30,30,15. I want to change the partition size but as I have Windows XP already installed, I donot want to delete the present partitions so as to loose Windows XP.

I heard that there are many softwares that can change partition size without deleting the present partitions. I have Partition Magic 8. Is it possible to resize the partitions with this software or with any other software. Moreover, I just dont want to change the partitions virtually. The software should actually change the partition size.

Please help me with this.

Chao...

Anand_RF

Journeyman
You can use windows' in-built disk manager to resize partitions, but you'll have to backup data in that partition. You can find this in Control Panel >> Administrative Tools >> Computer Management > Disk Management. However, you CANNOT resize the drive in which windowsxp is located.

I think Partition Magic 8 can resize without losing data. But best to backup.:D

nil_3

In the zone
Partition Magic can resize without losing data. But there certainly is a chance of data-loss. So back-up is a must.

You can back-up your windows partition by Acronis or Norton Ghost.

Partition-resizing is a very time-taking process. So be prepared about it regarding your UPS back-up..

Last edited:

Techinator

Broken In
its very easy... u run partition magic. on the left side of the appliciation window u will find a button for resize partitions click it. give details of your new pertition scheme press go/next or whatever is there and wait for a few hours.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom