doubt on EDGE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sganesh

Journeyman
Hi,
i ve sony ercisson w300 EDGE mobile,i am living in area which supports EDGE.i wannto browse thro GPRS/EDGE,mobile connected to pc,,i ve doubt in choosing AIRTEL (MO) or BSNL??
Can u pl tell how much download speed u getting in BSNL gprs??

raksrules

Youngling
Its working now :)
I get very good speeds in Mumbai which is EDGE enabled area. But there are many factors that may play an important part to decide on what quality of service you receive.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
In NAGPUR its working now!As in now, This time , today this time of year 2008.Never before after the fire incident.
Sorry I forgot to mention it was in Nagpur and not Mumbai as mentioned by my humble companions in this forum. Also its number specific problem i Guess as some people never had problem even after the fire incident and some are still wondering if Airtel at all have edge connection.
Sometimes life isnt as simple as yes or no.
Like even answering if Edge connection works or not requires lots of grey answers.And add the perspective angle to it.

bluespc

Right off the assembly line
;)If you have EDGE network in your area it will work. I have a w300i with AIRTEL and I am getting downloading speed upto 10kbps. And the rent for GPRS in AIRTEL is also great.

OP
sganesh

sganesh

Journeyman
hi,
i ve connected my SE w300 modem to pc using pc suite,i am using Airtel MO.
wat should be maximum speed to set for EDGE connection ,,
is it 115 or 230 or 460 Kbps???
and pl tell how much network utilization is using,(It can found out from Windows Task Mananger->Networking)

Last edited:

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^EDGE can provide maximum speed of 236kbps(but you will never get that much). So set it to 460kbps. You can see network utilisation in task manager. It calculates the utilisation on the basis of speed which you have set for the modem(115/230/460kbps)

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
See when u connect to edge to shows 460 or 920 speed as per u set it.
However when u download content you get 20-22kbps speed with download manager.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
^^But to get a slightly better performance, the connection speed in settings must be higher than what can actually be achieved by the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom